Linda L. Curtis is a partner in Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's Los Angeles office and a Co-Chair of the firm's Global Finance Practice Group. Her practice focuses on all aspects of corporate finance, including leveraged financings, with a specific focus in recent years on acquisition financings. She also represents clients in debt capital markets transactions and other secured and unsecured senior, mezzanine and subordinated financings, and has experience in securitization transactions, debt restructurings and workouts. Ms. Curtis' clients include private equity firms, commercial lending institutions and public and private companies in a variety of industries.
Representative recent transactions include the representation of:
- a public apparel company with respect to the issuance of $250 million in high yield notes and a refinancing of its approximately $1 billion senior term loan and revolving credit facility;
- a public engineering services company in over $6 billion in bank and bond financing for its acquisition of another engineering company, creating the largest public company based in Los Angeles;
- a major public transportation and logistics company with respect to the acquisition financing for a $610 million purchase of a highly leveraged company in the same industry pursuant to a complex carveout transaction;
- a private equity firm in connection with successive senior secured and mezzanine financings for several portfolio companies, including acquisition financings and dividend recapitalizations, with transaction size ranging from $20 million to $200 million;
- a major bank in connection with a $200 million senior secured revolving credit facility for a private real estate investment company; and
- a private real estate joint venture in the gaming industry in connection with a refinancing transaction involving a $1.775 billion senior secured term and revolving credit facility.
Ms. Curtis has for a number of years been selected by Chambers and Partners as a Leading Lawyer in Banking and Finance for its Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business directories, and as one of Southern California's "Super Lawyers" by Law and Politics and Los Angeles magazines. Most recently, in 2016, Ms. Curtis was ranked by Chambers and Partners as a Tier 1 Banking and Finance lawyer in California. Ms. Curtis also was recognized in the 2013-2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in America© in the category of Banking and Finance Law. The Daily Journal named Linda to its 2015 list of Top Women Lawyers for being at the helm of industry-shaping deals. She was named to the 2014 BTI Client Service All-Stars list, which features an "elite group of standout attorneys" identified by corporate counsel as those who provide "the absolute best client service." In October 2011, Ms. Curtis was named by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of Los Angeles' top corporate attorneys on its annual list of Who's Who in Law.
Ms. Curtis was the 2014 – 2015 President of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), which with over 20,000 members is one of the nation's largest local bar associations. She served previously as chair of LACBA's Business and Corporations Law Section Executive Committee and LACBA's Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section Executive Committee. Recent publications include Financing Provisions in Acquisition Agreements, California Business Law Practitioner, Summer 2011 (with Melissa Barshop).
Ms. Curtis received in 1987 her Juris Doctor from Stanford Law School and her Master of Business Administration degree from Stanford Business School. At Stanford Law School, she was an Articles Editor of the Law Review. Prior to her graduate work at Stanford, Ms. Curtis received a Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence from Oxford University, where she was a Newton-Tatum scholar, and an A.B. in public affairs/economics from Princeton University, where she graduated summa cum laude and was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. After graduating from Stanford, Ms. Curtis clerked for one year for the Honorable Robert F. Peckham, who was then Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.