Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's Emerging Companies Practice Group creates solutions for technology growth companies – from private growth-stage companies to Fortune 500 corporations. The group counsels venture capital and private equity firms, technology companies, and investment banks and lenders on investment, financing and M&A transactions.
The Emerging Companies Group understands the special needs of technology companies at all stages of development. We focus on technology businesses, and we welcome the challenge of nontraditional and complex transactions, deal structures and legal issues. Our experience benefits all technology companies, regardless of size, stage of development or industry, and in a range of matters, including:
- Venture capital/strategic corporate financings, representing growth-stage technology companies, venture capital funds and strategic corporate investors
- General corporate, including incorporation, capitalization structures and negotiation of key contracts with vendors, suppliers, lenders and employees
- Intellectual property, including copyright, patent, and trademark licensing, IP development agreements, infringement issues, and complex IP transactions
- Joint ventures, including formation, capitalization, governance, operation and sale
- Mergers and acquisitions, representing both buyers and sellers in public and private transactions
- Public offerings, representing issuers and underwriters in equity and debt offerings
- Tax, including corporate tax planning, cross-border and foreign tax matters, and transaction-specific tax advice
- Executive compensation, including equity plans, bonus plans, employee benefits and other compensation matters
- Restructurings, addressing preservation of value for shareholders and creditors
Gibson Dunn's offices are managed and operated as a single enterprise. Our international network of more than 1,200 lawyers works seamlessly to ensure efficient service to clients located throughout the world. We foster truly independent thinking, encouraging a broad range of viewpoints from a variety of disciplines in order to obtain a wider and more accurate perspective of our clients' legal issues.