Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's FDA and Health Care Practice Group counsels clients in U.S. governmental investigations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory and litigation matters, mergers and acquisitions, data privacy, all areas of litigation, including mass tort and consumer class actions, product liability, off-label marketing, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and patent, and in all other health industry matters.
Our specific areas of focus include:
- Governmental investigations and related litigation
- FDA regulatory and litigation matters
- Medical device patent and other litigation
- Mass tort and product liability litigation across the United States
- Consumer class actions
- ERISA litigation
- Antitrust and securities litigation
- Public and private equity mergers and acquisitions
- Securities offerings
- Licensing, development and distribution arrangements
- General corporate governance
- Board of directors and special board committee matters
The FDA and Health Care group's client work includes compliance, investigatory, litigation and corporate matters. Our lawyers work on U.S. and international fronts achieving successful outcomes for our clients including cutting-edge litigation and precedent-setting appeals before the U.S. Supreme Court.
The FDA and Health Care practice is cross-disciplinary, drawing on Gibson Dunn's firmwide capabilities and resources. Our lawyers address issues including privacy and data breaches, intellectual property licensing and corporate governance. Corporate and transactional work includes representing issuers, investment banks in their capacity as underwriters, placement agents and financial advisers.
Our group members are experienced in civil and criminal investigations and also litigation under the U.S. False Claims Act. We bring a unique breadth of familiarity and talent to handling complex enforcement matters and conducting sensitive, cost-effective internal investigations. We bring that same experience and perspective to a wide range of compliance counseling.