Bennett Rawicki is a litigation associate in Gibson Dunn's Dallas office. He primarily practices in the fields of antitrust, commercial, and constitutional law. His experience covers a wide variety of industries, including pharmaceutical products, health care services, advertising, credit repair, aviation, energy, and trade secrets.
Mr. Rawicki's litigation experience includes trial- and appellate-court briefing, responding to demand letters, negotiating third-party subpoenas and FOIA requests, conducting fact and expert discovery and depositions, and assisting with settlement negotiations and implementation.
His counseling experience includes advising for-profit and non-profit organizations about compliance with federal, state, and city law on issues of competition, contracts, free speech, employment, non-profit tax, food preparation, credit repair, and business licensing.
Mr. Rawicki's management experience includes leading internal legal-research and brief-writing teams, directing electronic-discovery vendors, and training and managing large document-review teams.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Rawicki clerked for Chief Judge Sidney A. Fitzwater of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas. Mr. Rawicki received his law degree summa cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law, where he served on the SMU Law Review, earned induction into the Order of the Coif and National Order of Barristers, and won the Wilson Herndon Memorial Antitrust Law Award. While in law school, he interned for Fifth Circuit Judge Catharina Haynes and Texas Supreme Court Chief Justice Wallace Jefferson. Mr. Rawicki received his bachelor's degree in political philosophy summa cum laude from the University of Dallas.
In the Dallas community, Mr. Rawicki serves on the Board of Directors for the St. Thomas More Society of Dallas and the Crusader Alumni Soccer Fund.
Mr. Rawicki is a member of the State Bar of Texas, and has been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Publications and Presentations:
- "Compliance with U.S. Antitrust Law for International Joint Ventures," ABA Antitrust in the Americas Conference (June 2017)
- "No Anti-Competitive Intent, No Treble Damages:A Proposal," Law360 (Jan. 2017)
- "Welcome News from the SEC on Forum Selection," National Law Journal (June 2015)
- Panelist for The Difference Between the SEC Bringing a Civil Action in Federal Court or an Administrative Proceeding, New York City Bar (Mar. 2015)
- "The Equal Protection Limitation on the SEC's Choice of Forum for Enforcement Actions," New York City Bar (Mar. 2015)
- "The Dodd-Frank Act and SEC Enforcement—The Significant Expansions and Remaining Limitations on the SEC's Enforcement Scope and Arsenal," 41 Securities Regulation Law Journal 35 (2013)