Mr. Babcock's practice focuses on a wide range of corporate and securities transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, business restructurings, private equity investments, public capital markets transactions, and secured and unsecured lending and bridge financing transactions.
Mr. Babcock received his law degree cum laude in 2011 from Harvard Law School, where he was an Ames Moot Court Competition semi-finalist and a Submissions Editor on the Harvard National Security Journal. While at Harvard, he participated in the Transactional Law Clinic, providing legal assistance to non-profit organizations and low wealth entrepreneurs in the greater Boston area.
Prior to law school, Mr. Babcock served as an Instructor-qualified Airborne Intelligence Officer in the United States Air Force, earning the rank of Captain. He was awarded his Bachelor of Arts degree summa cum laude from Baylor University in 2003, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
Mr. Babcock is admitted to practice in the State of Texas.
- Represented MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company in its agreement to acquire publicly-traded NV Energy, Inc. for $10 billion.
- Represented Arcapita Bank B.S.C.(c), a Bahrain-based investment bank and private equity company, in connection with its chapter 11 plan of restructuring which administered over $3.5 billion in claims.
- Represented the Williams Companies, Inc., in its acquisition of certain general partner and limited partner interests in Access Midstream Partners, L.P. for over $2 billion.
- Issuer's counsel to D.R. Horton, Inc. for multiple registered offerings of Senior Notes with a combined aggregate principal amount of $1.9 billion.
- Counsel to Forterra Building Products in its acquisition of Cretex Concrete Products, Inc.
- Issuer's counsel to Atmos Energy Corporation for registered offerings of $500 million aggregate principal amount of its 4.15% Senior Notes due 2043, issued January 2013, and $405 million of its common stock, issued February 2014.
- "A Clear Path to Section 363 Sale Challenges," Law360, February 6, 2014 (co-author with Michael Rosenthal, Robert Little, and Jeremy Graves)
- "Walking the High Wire: Guidelines for Board of Director Designees Of Private Equity Funds, Activist Stockholders and Other Investors," Securities Regulation & Law Report, December 10, 2012 (co-author with Robert Little)
- "Beware Damage Waiver Provisions In M&A Agreements," Law360, July 13, 2012 (co-author with Robert Little)