Chris has extensive experience in equity capital markets transactions and mergers and acquisitions including advising corporates, investment banks and selling shareholders on initial public offerings (including dual track processes), rights issues and other equity offerings as well as on public takeovers, private company M&A and joint ventures. He also advises on corporate and securities law and regulation.
Chris practiced with Herbert Smith Freehills LLP from 1998 to 2016 and became partner in that firm in 2002. Prior to that he was a solicitor with Bell Gully in New Zealand.
Chris is recognised as a leading lawyer by Chambers, IFLR 1000 and Legal 500.
Selected experience includes*:
- J2 Acquisition - $1.12 billion London listing and IPO (for the banks)
- Ocelot - $425 million London listing and IPO (for the banks)
- Hostelworld - £176 million IPO and London and Irish listings (for the banks)
- Photobox Group - sale by way of auction to Exponent and Electra (for the company)
- Permanent TSB - €400 million capital raising and London and Irish listings (for the banks)
- Trainline - proposed IPO (sold to KKR pursuant to a M&A track) (for the banks)
- Sky - £1.36 billion placing in connection with the acquisition of Sky Deutschland and Sky Italia (for the company)
- Zoopla - £918 million London listing and IPO (for the banks)
- Just Eat - £1.47 billion High Growth Segment London listing and IPO and on the step up to a London premium listing (for the company)
- AO World - £1.2 billion London listing and IPO and on its subsequent placing (for the company)
- National Grid - £3.3 billion rights issue (for the banks)
- MoneySupermarket.com - £840 million London listing and IPO and £87 million acquisition of MoneySavingExpert (for the company)
*Includes matters prior to joining Gibson Dunn