Michelle Hodges is a partner in the Orange County office of Gibson Dunn. Ms. Hodges has significant experience representing both buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions and strategic investments, and issuers in public equity and debt offerings, private financings and debt restructuring. Ms. Hodges also advises public and private companies, and their boards, with respect to general corporate matters, including securities law advice.
Selected M&A Experience:
- Emulex Corporation – acquisition of privately held ServerEngines Corporation
- Quidel Corporation – acquisition of privately held Diagnostic Hybrids, Inc.
- The First American Corporation – acquisition of its publicly traded subsidiary, First Advantage Corporation
- InterDigital Communications – exploration of strategic alternatives
- Emulex Corporation – defense against attempted hostile takeover by Broadcom Corporation
- Endocare, Inc. – acquisition by HealthTronics, Inc.
- Allergan, Inc. – $3.2 billion acquisition of publicly traded Inamed Corporation
- Eclipsys Corporation – acquisition of multiple privately held companies providing clinical management software
- Ameristar Casinos, Inc. – acquisition of the assets of Mountain High Casino in a chapter 11 case
- Passco Companies, LLC – sale of interests in multiple real estate investment projects
Selected Securities Offerings Experience:
- Quidel Corporation – common stock offering
- Standard Pacific Corp. – multiple offerings, including common stock offerings, public and Rule 144A senior and senior subordinated note offerings; debt tenders; convertible note offering and concurrent share lending arrangement; rights offerings; and note redemptions
- Qwest Communications International Inc. – multiple note offerings and exchange offers
Selected Strategic Investments Experience:
- Standard Pacific Corp. – preferred stock issuance to MatlinPatterson affiliate and concurrent rights offering
- Bausch + Lomb Surgical – strategic investment
- Emulex Corporation – strategic investment
Ms. Hodges earned her law degree and Master of Business Administration in 1996 from the University of California, Los Angeles. She earned a bachelor of Horticultural Science degree with honors from Massey University, New Zealand in 1981.