Mark S. Pécheck is a partner in Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's Los Angeles office. He joined the Firm in 1984 immediately after graduating from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall). Mr. Pécheck received his undergraduate education at UCLA, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics cum laude in 1979.
Mr. Pécheck is a member of the State Bar of California and the Los Angeles County Bar Association and is a member of the firm's Real Estate Department. He is an accomplished real estate finance lawyer, having structured, negotiated and documented (on behalf of both lenders and borrowers) hundreds of complex transactions involving senior loans, mezzanine financing, CMBS loans, construction loans, participations and syndicated loans, and large multi-state and multi-property portfolio transactions. He also has significant experience and expertise in the area of mortgage loan remedies, including foreclosures and receiverships. Recently, Mr. Pécheck has been deeply involved in several of the residential mortgage servicer reviews undertaken pursuant to consent decrees mandated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Federal Reserve Board.
In addition to his real estate finance expertise, Mr. Pécheck has broad experience in real property acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, development projects and commercial leasing. He has represented a wide range of clients, including major financial institutions, pension plans, high net worth individuals and families, and European, Asian and Middle Eastern investors.
Over the years, Mr. Pécheck has been involved in a number of high-profile projects, including:
- Representation of a major financial institution in a deed-in-lieu transaction involving $500 million in mortgage indebtedness secured by 51 multi-family apartment properties.
- Representation of Dillon Read Capital Management in $133 million senior and mezzanine financing secured by portfolio of 15 apartment buildings in San Francisco, California.
- Representation of UBS in bridge loan made in connection with the recapitalization of a major landowner in Napa and Lake Counties, California.
- Representation of CSFB in $165 million senior and mezzanine financing secured by portfolio of 24 apartment buildings in San Francisco, California.
- Representation of a Riverside County landowner in the long-term ground lease of a 35-acre site to an energy company for the construction of an 500 megawatt combined cycle power plant.
- Representation of private company in the disposition of a 27-property industrial portfolio in the States of Florida, Illinois and Michigan.
- Representation of private company in the sale of multifamily portfolio containing 2,000+ apartment units in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Representation of The Capital Group Companies, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of a 53-acre parcel of land in the City of Irvine and the development of a 940,000 square foot corporate campus.
- Representation of Proficiency Capital Corporation, a Los Angeles based developer, in the disposition of a portfolio of office buildings in El Segundo, California, and in the sale of a 1.4 million square foot multi-building industrial complex in the City of Ontario.
Mr. Pécheck is involved in a number of community organizations, and recently completed service as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Berkeley Hall School in Los Angeles. He is a native of Los Angeles and resides with his family in Sherman Oaks.