Gibson Dunn’s Brussels office is the hub of the firm's Competition Law practice in Europe. In conjunction with our antitrust practice in the United States and the London, Munich and Paris offices, we provide expert advice on all aspects of European Union and EU national competition law.
- American Lawyer named Gibson Dunn the 2012 Litigation Firm of the Year.
- Global Competition Review ranked the firm's antitrust practice 11th in the world in its 2012 GCR100 Global Elite ranking.
- Practical Law Company recommends Gibson Dunn's Brussels office for Competition/Antitrust and Telecoms & Media.
- The Belgium Legal Awards has shortlisted the Brussels team for the “TMT Law Firm of the Year” award for seven consecutive years.
- Legal 500 EMEA recommends the Brussels office in the field of Competition.
- Chambers Europe recommends the Brussels office in the fields of TMT and Competition/European Law.
- IFLR1000 recommends Gibson Dunn for EU Competition in Western, Central and Eastern Europe.
- Chambers and Partners named Gibson Dunn the winner of its 2010 Award for Excellence in the Antitrust category.
- The Brussels office represents clients across all industries in complex mergers, acquisitions and joint venture clearances before the European Commission and EU national competition authorities;
- Handles actions under Article 102 TFEU for the abuse of a dominant position;
- Represents parties involved in cartel investigations including applications for amnesty/immunity, leniency and settlement negotiations;
- Provides counsel on the structuring of vertical and horizontal relationships for all forms of distribution, intellectual property licensing and cooperation arrangements to comply with the requirements of Article 101 TFEU; and
- Provides assessment of State Aids schemes with regard to their compatibility with the requirements of the TFEU Treaty.
Gibson Dunn has unsurpassed Government experience in the Brussels legal environment and a proven record of coordinating even the most difficult EU/US merger filings and cartel investigations with private litigation aspects.
We play a leading role in advising both major market actors and regulators across the European Union in the communications sector on the processes of market definition and market analysis made in accordance with competition rules.
The Brussels team has extensive experience handling IP, security and privacy issues, especially as they relate to the Internet, as well as net and search neutrality and interoperability matters.
Our attorneys are the first choice for corporations with EEA-wide distribution issues, particularly those related to online commerce in the consumer goods sector.
The Brussels office also has significant experience in the telecommunications, financial services/insurance, aviation, media, security, and pharmaceutical sectors.
Finally, with four Spanish qualified lawyers, we have one of the leading Brussels-based Spanish competition law practices.
Effective Representation in Litigation
We are highly regarded advocates with considerable experience representing clients both in hearings before competition authorities as well as in court, including the European Courts of Justice.
Our Brussels lawyers regularly write Practice Notes. To view these, please click here.
For more information, please contact David Wood at +32 2 554 7210, Peter Alexiadis at +32 2 554 7200 or Andrés Font Galarza at +32 2 554 72 30.