The Latin America Practice Group has provided services to clients in Latin America, and for Latin American clients around the world, for more than 30 years.
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's Latin America practice allows us to provide global legal services to our clients and shows our commitment to this dynamic region. The group draws on the legal, linguistic and cultural experience of its members to advise a broad base of transnational clients. Many group members are fluent in Portuguese and Spanish and conduct business in those languages. Our representations have included:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital and other private equity transactions
- Capital market transactions (including ADRs and Rule 144A transactions)
- Debt reorganizations, including tender and exchange offers
- Project finance
- Multilateral and syndicated credits
- Tax matters
- Government expropriations
- Debt conversion
- Litigation and international arbitrations
The Latin America group works with private clients and governmental institutions. We have participated in the renegotiation of sovereign debt as well as advised companies and governments in major privatizations.