Eli Albrecht practices in the firm’s corporate practice, with a particular focus on private equity mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Albrecht has advised companies on a range of private and public mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, venture capital investments and various other corporate matters.
Mr. Albrecht earned his Juris Doctor from Georgetown University School of Law where he served as an editor on the Tax Lawyer Journal, a teaching assistant for corporate law and entrepreneurship courses, and President of the Military Law Society (a veteran’s support and affinity group). Mr. Albrecht received a bachelor’s degree in finance and business management with high honors from Johns Hopkins University. Prior to law school, he served in Unit 217 in the Israeli Defense Forces. Eli currently lives in the bucolic foothills of the Shenandoah with his three free-range kids, spoiled chickens and occasional visiting black bear.
- Platinum Equity in various acquisitions, including:
- its acquisition of McGraw-Hill for approximately $4.5 billion;
- its acquisition of Solenis for approximately $5.25 billion;
- its acquisition of Petmate;
- its acquisition of Cosmic Pet; and
- its acquisition of Pelican Products.
- Insurity LLC in various acquisitions, including:
- its acquisition of AuSum Systems, a cloud-based insurance analytics company; and
- its acquisition of Maprisk, an insurance geospatial analytics company.
- Swander Pace Capital in its acquisition of Mommy’s Bliss, a maker of dietary supplements.
- Liberty Hall Capital Partners in its acquisition of Comply365, a maker of software for airlines.
- Landsea Homes, a home builder, in its $510 million business combination with LF Capital, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC/blank-check company).
- ParkJockey in its capital investment by SoftBank and Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala Investment Company.
- MidOcean Partners in the acquisition by its portfolio company, Florida Food Products of Amelia Bay, LLC, a provider of fresh brewed tea extracts.
- OceanSound Partners, LP in its strategic investments in Smartronix and Trident Technologies.
- Tyto Athene, LLC, a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners in its acquisition of Island Technology Consultants, LLC.
- Veterinary Specialists of North America LLC, in its acquisition of the assets of two veterinary hospitals, SCAN-Clearwater, LLC and SCAN Naples, LLC.
- Trinity Merger Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its $1.5 billion business combination with the Broadmark real estate lending companies to form Broadmark Realty Capital Inc.
- T-Mobile US, Inc. in its $26.5 billion merger with Sprint Corp.*
- Sole Source Capital LLC in its acquisition of Trade Supplies, LLC.*
- Sole Source Capital LLC in its inaugural fund’s acquisition of Premier Flow Control, LLC.*
- KKR Real Estate Finance Trust in its $368 million loan to Spitzer Enterprises for its property located at 420 Kent Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
- Welltower Inc. in its $34 million acquisition of the former Newbury College campus in Brookline, Massachusetts for the development of a senior living campus.
- Welltower Inc. in its joint venture with The Related Companies, Spitzer Enterprises and Atria Senior Living for the development of a high-rise urban senior living facility at 1001 Van Ness in San Francisco.
- Welltower Inc. in its joint venture with The Related Companies, Spitzer Enterprises and Atria Senior Living for the development of a high-rise urban senior living facility at 451 10th Avenue at Hudson Yards, New York.
- Caves Valley Partners, LLC in their $350 million joint venture with Greenberg Gibbons and development of Towson Row.*
- Johns Properties, Inc. in several real estate acquisitions.*
- State of Maryland vs. Adnan Syed (pro bono).*
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Gibson Dunn.
Mr. Albrecht is admitted to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia.