Thomas Alexander is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Media, Entertainment and Technology, and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance Practice Groups. Thomas advises companies and private equity firms across a wide range of industries, focusing on merger transactions, stock and asset sales, equity investments and joint ventures.
Thomas is recognized on the 2024 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America list for Corporate Law.
Representative transactions include:
- Arsenal Capital in its portfolio company’s acquisition of Pacific Adhesive Systems, a Malaysian-based company serving the electronics, semiconductor and medical markets with high-performance adhesive and coating solutions.
- Aurora Capital Partners in:
- its acquisition of VLS Recovery Services, a leading provider of specialty cleaning and waste processing services.
- its preferred stock offerings for, and subsequent sale of, Zywave, a leading SaaS provider of front office insurance solutions.
- Compass Diversified in its acquisition of Lugano Diamonds, a designer, manufacturer and marketer of high-end jewelry.
- Emerald Lake Capital Management in its acquisition of City Ventures, a California homebuilder.
- Magnite, Inc. in its acquisition of Carbon, a platform that enables publishers to measure, manage and monetize audiences in real-time.
- myDigitalOffice in its strategic investment from Cove Hill Partners.
- Platinum Equity in:
- its sale of PrimeSource, a leading global distributor of specialty building materials.
- its portfolio company’s acquisition of Fifth Sun, a leading designer, distributor, and technology-driven innovator of print-on-demand manufacturing and supply chain systems for a wide range of licensed, generic, and private label graphic apparel.
- Stone Canyon Industries in:
- its $2.4 billion acquisition of BWAY Corp., a manufacturer of rigid metal, plastic and hybrid containers used to package industrial, bulk food and retail goods.
- its $2.3 billion acquisition of Mauser Group NV, a global supplier of rigid packaging products and services for industrial use.
- its $1 billion acquisition of Industrial Container Services, a provider of reusable container solutions.
- its $850 million recapitalization of its subsidiary, SCI PH Inc., which through its subsidiaries, BWAY and Mauser, is a leading global supplier of rigid packaging products and services.
- its $2.0 billion acquisition of Kissner, a leading pure-play producer and supplier of salt in North America.
- The Core Group, Inc. in its acquisition by Acosta, an integrated sales and marketing services provider.
- Veritas Capital in its portfolio company’s acquisition of the Blackboard K-12 division of Anthology.
Thomas earned his law degree in 2015 from the UCLA School of Law, where he completed the Entertainment, Media, and Intellectual Property specialization and was elected to the Order of the Coif. While in law school, he served as Associate Editor of the UCLA Law Review and as a judicial extern to the Honorable Kim McLane Wardlaw on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Thomas graduated from the University of Southern California in 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biological Sciences and Neuroscience and a Minor in Cinematic Arts.
Thomas is admitted to practice law in the State of California.