William Bald is an associate in the Houston office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He currently practices in the firm’s Capital Markets, Global Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Oil & Gas, and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance practice groups.
William’s experience includes:
- Representation of Aris Water Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: ARIS) in its initial public offering of Class A common stock
- Representation of Macondray Capital Acquisition Corp. I (Nasdaq: DRAY) in its initial public offering of units
- Representation of Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT) in its $121 million public offering of common stock
- Representation of Peloton Interactive, Inc. (NYSE: PTON) in its $1.07 billion public offering of Class A common stock
- Representation of South Jersey Industries, Inc. (NYSE: SJI) in its $228 million public offering of common stock and $300 million public offering of equity units
- Representation of Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE) in its $400 million and €500 million offerings of senior notes
- Representation of Flowserve Corporation (NYSE: FLS) in two offerings for $500 million of senior notes
- Representation of Mondelez International Holdings Netherlands B.V. in its €300 million offering of senior unsecured notes
- Representation of Solaris Midstream Holdings in its $400 million offering of sustainability-linked bonds
- Representation of Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM) in its offerings of $2 billion and $950 million of senior notes
- Representation of the underwriters in the offerings by Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) of $1.1 billion and $500 million offerings of senior notes
- Representation of the underwriters in the offerings by Pioneer Natural Resources Company (NYSE: PXD) of $2.5 billion, $1.1 billion and $750 million of senior notes
- Representation of the underwriters in the offering by SM Energy Company (NYSE: SM) of $400 million of senior notes
- Representation of Contango Oil & Gas Company in a series of private placement transactions
- Representation of Rosehill Resources Inc. regarding securities matters in the Company’s Chapter 11 proceedings
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of Forterra, Inc. (Nasdaq: FRTA) in its definitive agreement to be acquired by Quikrete Holdings, Inc.
- Representation of Foundation Building Materials, Inc. in its $1.37 billion acquisition by ASP Flag Intermediate Holdings, Inc.
- Representation of Freeman Spogli & Co. on its partnership with WhiteWater Express Car Wash
- Representation of Concho Resources Inc. (NYSE: CXO) in its $925 million divestiture of approximately 100,000 gross acres of producing leasehold and associated gathering and water infrastructure assets in New Mexico Shelf to an affiliate of Spur Energy Partners LLC
- Representation of Occidental Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: OXY) and certain of its affiliates in its $3 billion upstream joint venture with a subsidiary of Ecopetrol SA, covering 97,000 net acres in the Midland Basin
- Representation of the Conflicts Committee of the general partner of Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE: DKL) in the sale of the Big Spring Gathering system from Delek US Holdings, Inc. to DKL for $100 million in cash and 5 million DKL common units
- Representation of the Conflicts Committee of the general partner of Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE: DKL) in the sale of certain trucking assets from Delek US Holdings, Inc. to DKL for a total consideration of $48 million in cash
- Representation of the first lien lenders of Skillsoft in the company’s debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing related to its Chapter 11 proceedings
- Representation of MidOcean Partners in a financing for the acquisition of Casper’s Ice Cream, LLC
- Representation of The Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE: WMB), Northwest Pipeline LLC and Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line Company, LLC in its Amended and Restated Credit Agreement with Wells Fargo Bank
William received his J.D., with honors, from Notre Dame Law School in 2019, where he served as an editor on the Journal of Legislation, and received the Faculty Award for Excellence in Civil Procedure. In 2016, he graduated summa cum laude from Georgia State University, where he received his Bachelor of Music in music technology.