Lisa Gootee is of counsel in the New York office of Gibson Dunn & Crutcher and a member of the Real Estate practice group. She focuses her practice on commercial real estate finance, including the origination and restructuring of mortgage and mezzanine loans. She also has significant experience with the acquisition and development of commercial and multi-family residential properties, including the representation of equity clients in acquisitions of large portfolios of hotels and other commercial real estate assets.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Ms. Gootee was a partner at Loeb & Loeb LLP, counsel at Haynes & Boone LLP, and an associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
Ms. Gootee received her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, in 2004 from Albany Law School, where she served as an Associate Editor of the Albany Law Review. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Government with a minor in Theater from the University of Texas at Austin in 1999.
Ms. Gootee is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- Represented a German bank as lender in various loan transactions, including a $105 million first mortgage loan (inclusive of $5 million in future funding for tenant improvements and capital expenditures) secured by several adjoining office buildings in New York, New York, and an $87 million first mortgage loan secured by a commercial condominium in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented the private banking platform of an international investment bank in the origination of mortgage loans secured by hospitality, retail, office, industrial and multi-family assets.
- Represented a state chartered bank as lender in connection with a $43 million construction loan secured by industrial property in Savannah, Georgia and a $15 million construction loan secured by industrial property in Lakeland, Florida.
- Represented a federally chartered bank in connection with a $75 million first mortgage loan secured by commercial property in Sacramento, California, that also included mezzanine financing.
- Represented the private banking unit of a major financial institution in connection with a $69 million first mortgage loan secured by mixed-use office and retail property in San Francisco, California, an $8.5 million first mortgage loan secured by two properties, including a marina, in Newport Beach, California, and a $5 million first mortgage loan secured by four office and retail properties in Newport Beach, California.
- Represented a REIT as purchaser in connection with the acquisition of several portfolios of commercial properties and hotels, ranging from six to over fifty properties.
*Some representations occurred prior to Ms. Gootee’s association with Gibson Dunn.