Amy Kennedy is a partner in the London office of Gibson Dunn, and an English qualified lawyer. She is a member of the Global Finance and Private Equity Practice Groups, and has practised in Gibson Dunn’s London, New York and Dubai offices.
Ms. Kennedy has broad experience in a wide range of international and cross-border banking and restructuring transactions, with particular expertise in leveraged acquisition finance, investment grade and corporate lending, and distressed and restructuring transactions.
She has represented top-tier private equity sponsors in leveraged buy-outs, a range of banks and other financial institutions (including non-bank alternative capital providers), and corporates (including PLCs) and client portfolio companies. Ms. Kennedy has worked across a number of sectors including real estate, telecommunications and oil and gas. Ms. Kennedy has experience with complex senior / mezzanine / second-lien structures, PIK lending, high yield, unitranche/ private placement and US financings. Ms. Kennedy also represents both banks and corporates in Islamic / Shari’ah based lending, including co-conventional structures.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Ms. Kennedy was a senior associate in the European finance practice at Weil, Gotshal & Manges. Prior to that, she was an associate in the finance practice at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (UK) LLP.
- Fremont Realty Capital on its financing arrangements for the acquisition of Porthaven Care Homes Group.
- Financing arrangements in connection with a real-estate portfolio acquisition (and subsequent disposal) by Apollo.
- Abu Dhabi Investment Bank in connection with certain financing arrangements (including Shari’ah and co-Shari’ah/conventional financings).
- PT Medco in connection with certain RBL facilities.
- Investcorp in connection with the refinancing of one of its portfolio companies.
- Investcorp on its sale of GL Education to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
- Kindred Group plc. on its financing arrangements for the acquisition of 32Red plc.
- A UK listed PLC on its financing arrangements (including in connection with an IPO and subsequent refinancing).
- William Hill on its financing arrangements for the acquisition (and subsequent disposal) of OpenBet.
- Navios Maritime Partners in connection with certain affiliate transactions and related financing arrangements.
- Neuberger Berman in connection with certain financing arrangements.
- Xylem Inc. on its financing arrangements in connection with various acquisitions.
- Iason Hellenic in connection with the refinancing of certain of its financing arrangements.
- Miami’s Crescent Heights on its financing arrangements for the acquisition of Vintners’ Place.
- Taghleef on its Term Loan B financing arrangements.
- Dubai pay-TV firm OSN in connection with its syndicated term loan and revolving credit facilities.
- WellTower on the financing of the acquisition of Signature Care Home.
- Bain Capital Credit on their investment in the refinancing of Humana AB.
- OMERS and V.ships on a refinancing of its existing debt facilities.*
- Findus on its EUR200m PIK notes issuance.*
- Advent International’s €1.1 billion public-to-private acquisition of UNIT4 N.V.*
- Hellman & Friedman’s €1.7 billion acquisition of Scout24.*
- Advent International and Bain Capital’s $3.1 billion acquisition of Nets.*
* Experience prior to joining Gibson Dunn.