Sam King is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Media, Entertainment and Technology, and Emerging Companies Practice Groups. Sam advises companies and private equity firms across a wide range of industries, focusing on merger transactions, stock and asset sales and equity investments.
Representative transactions include:
- Aurora Capital Partners in connection with various rollover, co-investment and equity syndication transactions.
- Frontier Media Group in its acquisition of a premier digital media and news subscription service.
- Magnite in:
- its acquisition of SpotX, a global video advertising supply-side platform.
- its acquisition of SpringServe, the world’s leading independent ad serving platform.
- its acquisition of Carbon, a revenue management platform that enables publishers to measure, manage and monetize audiences in real-time.
- The North Road Company in its acquisition of the U.S. assets of Red Arrow Studios, an acclaimed producer and distributor of television and film content.
- Platinum Equity in:
- its acquisition of Cision, a global provider of software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals.
- its acquisition of Cosmic Pet, a leading designer, marketer and distributor of pet products.
- its sale of Orbit Irrigation, a multinational manufacturer and supplier of irrigation products.
- RNWBL in connection with its initial formation and various equity investment transactions.
- Stone Canyon Industries Holdings in:
- its initial formation and equity offering.
- its acquisition of Kissner Milling Company, a major salt and packaged ice melt manufacturer and distributor.
- its acquisition of Morton Salt, the leading salt producer in North America.
Sam earned his Juris Doctor degree from Duke University School of Law in 2018. While in law school, he served as an editor of the Duke Law Journal and received the James S. Bidlake Memorial Award for Superior Achievement in Legal Analysis, Research & Writing. Sam graduated magna cum laude from Tulane University in 2014 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Economy.
Sam is admitted to practice law in the State of California.