Robson Lee is a partner in Gibson Dunn’s Singapore office and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets Practice Groups.
With more than 25 years of experience, Mr. Lee focuses his practice on M&A, corporate finance and capital markets. He has substantial experience in Singapore public company M&A and regularly advises companies on listings with the Singapore Stock Exchange. He represents public listed companies on securities transactions, cross-border M&A and foreign joint venture investments. He also advises local and foreign companies in their funds raising and market flotations.
Mr. Lee has been recommended by Asia Pacific Legal 500 in the categories of Singapore: Capital Markets and Corporate and M&A.
Mr. Lee received his LL.B. (Hons, 2nd Class Upper) from the National University of Singapore in 1993. He is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore and a Solicitor in England and Wales.
Mr. Lee is a member of the Audit Committee of the Law Society of Singapore and the Assistant Honorary Secretary of the Securities Investors Association (Singapore).
Representative Experience, where Mr. Lee was the transactional partner*
- No Signboard Holdings Ltd. in its initial public offering on the Catalist board of the Singapore Exchange with a market capitalization post IPO of S$129.5 million. The IPO raised approximately S$35 million.
- Artivision Technologies Limited (“Artivision”), a Singapore Catalist-listed company, in the proposed acquisition of the entire issued and paid-up share capital of Mobile Credit Payment Pte. Ltd. (“MC Payment”) for a base consideration of S$80 million. MC Payment is an integrated high-technology electronic payment total solutions provider and one of the first Singapore’s home-grown Fintech companies that started 12 years ago. The proposed acquisition will result in a reverse take-over of Artivision, subject inter alia to regulatory approvals of the Singapore Securities Industry Council and the Singapore Exchange, and the approval of Artivision in general meeting.
- AsiaPhos Limited in its initial public offering on the Catalist board of the Singapore Exchange with a market capitalization post IPO of up to S$269.8 million.
- MoneyMax Financial Services Limited in its initial public offering on the Catalist board of the Singapore Exchange with a market capitalization post IPO of around S$106 million.
- Sheng Siong Group Ltd. (“Sheng Siong”), one of Singapore’s largest grocery retailers, as legal advisers on Singapore Law in relation to its listing on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited and its initial public offering to raise net proceeds of approximately S$62.6 million. The offering was oversubscribed with strong interest from retail investors and backed by quality institutional investors. This deal was awarded the Best Small Cap Equity Deal in 2011 by FinanceAsia. Also advised on Sheng Shiong’s private placement of shares which raised approximately S$80.4 million in 2014.
- XMH Holdings Limited, a diesel engine, propulsion and power generating solutions provider in the marine and industrial sectors, in its initial public offering on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange which raised approximately S$25.2 million.
- C&G Industrial Holdings Limited in its acquisition of an approximately RMB500 million waste-to-energy business via the acquisition of the entire issued and paid-up capital of CUGU Environmental Protection International Limited.
- Successful Delistings of the following companies from the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited:
- Man Wah Holdings Limited in 2009 (advised the Company);
- China Precision Technologies Co Ltd. in 2010 (advised the Offeror); and
- China Lifestyle Food and Beverages Group Limited in 2010 (advised the Company).
- Youyue International Limited (“Youyue”) in relation to the mandatory conditional cash offer for all the shares in Youyue by City Green Build Technology Pte. Ltd. in December 2013.
- Jubilee Industries Holdings Ltd. in relation to the reverse take-over of a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jewelstone Properties Ltd. involving the acquisition of a development project known as “Viridea @ Medini Lakeside” in Medini, Iskandar, Johor, Malaysia in 2014.
- Sakae Holdings Ltd. in connection with securities and financial regulation advisory on the diversification of Sakae Holdings Ltd. into corporate advisory services.
- KOP Ltd. in connection with a collaboration agreement with a local district government in Shanghai, China, to develop Winterland Shanghai, the world’s largest integrated indoor winter resort.
- Hotel Properties Ltd. in 2014 in relation to: (i) joint venture and development management arrangements in connection with the proposed redevelopment of the former Royal Mail Delivery Office in London; and (ii) the joint venture with Grosvenor Limited and Amcorp Properties Bhd in respect of luxury property development in Campden Hill, London.
- Chosen Holdings Limited (“Chosen”), advised the controlling shareholders of Chosen in the sale of their shares in Chosen and in the voluntary general offer and delisting of Chosen from the Singapore Exchange in 2015.
- OKH Global Ltd. (“OKH”) in a white knight rescue by Haiyi Holdings Pte Ltd involving an allotment and issuance of 500,000,000 new ordinary shares to raise approximately S$50 million for OKH in 2016.
- Sim Lian Group Limited (“SLG”), a Singapore listed company of market capitalization of more than S$1 billion, in the voluntary conditional general cash offer by Coronation 3G Pte. Ltd., and in SLG’s delisting from the Singapore Exchange (SGX) in 2016.
- DeClout Limited (“DeClout”), a Singapore listed company, in the disposal of all its shares in subsidiary, Acclivis Technologies and Solutions Pte. Ltd., to CITIC Telecom International Holdings Ltd, a member of the PRC state-owned CITIC Group, for a consideration of S$75 million in 2016.
* includes experience gained prior to joining Gibson Dunn.