Nisha Navekar is an English qualified lawyer in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and is a member of our Global Finance practice group.
Ms. Navekar has experience in advising on complex international and cross-border banking and finance transactions in the areas of leveraged finance, real estate finance, general corporate lending, Islamic/Shari’a finance and project finance. Ms. Navekar also has experience of strategic and distressed debt advisory work, senior and mezzanine structures and US financings.
Ms. Navekar has represented banks, financial institutions, borrowers and private equity sponsors across the real estate, gaming and betting, shipping, telecommunications and oil and gas sectors.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Ms. Navekar received her LL.B. with First Class Honours from the University of Leeds, and trained and qualified in the London office of a major international law firm where she spent six months seconded to the Melbourne office.
- Fremont Realty Capital on its financing arrangements for the acquisition of Porthaven Care Homes Group.
- Abu Dhabi Investment Bank in connection with certain financing arrangements.
- Bank Audi in connection with various financing arrangements.
- Neuberger Berman in connection with certain financing arrangements.
- Kindred Group plc. on its financing arrangements for the acquisition of 32Red plc.
- Golden Gate Capital on its acquisition of Fibercore Limited.
- The Conflicts Committee of Navios Maritime Partners in connection with certain affiliate transactions.
- Xylem Inc. on its financing arrangements for the acquisition of Sensus and Pure Technologies.
- William Hill plc on its proposed £4.5 billion merger with Amaya Inc.
- William Hill on its financing arrangements for the acquisition of OpenBet.
- Halifax Group on its sale of the Envision portfolio to Ardian.
- Investcorp on its sale of GL Education to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
- Miami’s Crescent Heights on its financing arrangements for the acquisition of Vintners’ Place.
- Dubai pay-TV firm OSN’s syndicated term loan and revolving credit facilities.
- Apollo on its financing arrangements in connection with a portfolio acquisition.
- Battersea Power Station on the £1.35 billion Phase 2 and Phase 3 financing.*
- Aegean Motorway on the restructuring of the €1.3 billion Maliakos-Kleidi motorway.*
- Export credit agencies and lenders to Surgil, Uzbekistan’s US$4 billion gas-to-petrochemicals project.*
*Experience prior to joining Gibson Dunn.