Jordan Silverman is an associate in the Houston office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where he practices in the firm’s Oil & Gas, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Energy & Infrastructure practice groups. His practice focuses on advising international and domestic energy companies and private equity firms in upstream and midstream transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, acquisitions and divestitures of oil and gas assets, joint ventures, and various oil and gas agreements.
Mr. Silverman’s experience includes:*
- Representation of SK Innovation Co. in its pending $1.05 billion divestiture of its 17.6% interest in two Peruvian gas fields to Pluspetrol, an Argentine exploration and production company
- Representation of Concho Resources Inc. (NYSE: CXO) in its pending $925 million divestiture of approximately 100,000 gross acres of producing leasehold and associated gathering and water infrastructure assets in the New Mexico Shelf to an affiliate of Spur Energy Partners LLC
- Representation of Occidental Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: OXY) and certain of its affiliates in its pending $3 billion upstream joint venture with a subsidiary of Ecopetrol SA, covering 97,000 net acres in the Midland Basin
- Representation of EnerVest, Ltd., on behalf of certain institutional partnerships, in its approximately $2.7 billion business combination with TPG Pace Energy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: TPGE)
- Representation of Encino Acquisition Partners in its $2.0 billion acquisition of Utica Shale oil and gas assets, which includes 900,000 acres of producing and non-producing leasehold, from affiliates of Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK)
- Representation of Lonestar Resources US Inc. (NASDAQ: LONE) in its $38.7 million acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale assets from Sabine Oil & Gas Corp. and Alerion Gas AXA LLC
- Representation of Penn Virginia Corp. (NASDAQ: PVAC) in its $86 million acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale assets from Hunt Oil Co.
- Representation of ArcLight Capital Partners in its approximately $1.1 billion acquisition of Midcoast Operating, L.P., a midstream company with natural gas and NGL gathering, processing, transportation, and marketing operations in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana, from Enbridge (U.S.) Inc., an indirect subsidiary of Enbridge Inc. (TSX: ENB; NYSE: ENB)
- Representation of Concho Resources Inc. (NYSE: CXO) in the formation of a $132 million midstream joint venture to support its continued oil production growth in the Midland Basin
- Representation of an independent E&P company in its pending divestiture of a produced water disposal business in the Permian Basin
- Representation of an energy services company in its $40 million acquisition of a retail natural gas company
Other Energy Transactions
- Representation of Repsol E&P USA Inc., a subsidiary of Repsol, S.A., in agreements with Oil Search Limited (ASX: OSH) to align ownership interests across shared upstream assets on Alaska’s North Slope
- Representation of a private refining and fuel-marketing company in the acquisition of its crude terminalling and storage business located in the State of Alaska
- Representation of an oilfield services company in its $430 million acquisition of pressure pumping and pump-down perforating assets from another oilfield services company
- Representation of an exploration and production company in connection with private exchanges of its outstanding senior subordinated notes for a combination of secured and convertible notes totaling roughly $600 million
Mr. Silverman received his J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law in 2016. While in law school, he served as an editor of the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas & Energy Law, and as the Vice President of the Student Bar Association. He received his B.A. in Economics from Texas A&M University in 2013.
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher