Patrick Ledoux is a partner in the Paris office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher where he is a member of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice Groups.
Patrick’s practice is focused on corporate transactions in the broadest sense of the term, including cross-border and domestic, private and public, mergers, acquisitions, private equity and capital development transactions, strategic investments, joint ventures, fund raising transactions, and corporate governance matters. He advises clients in a wide variety of sectors, including media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, publishing, education, technology, and healthcare.
Legal 500 EMEA 2023 recommends Patrick for Mergers and Acquisitions and describes him as a key-practitioner, “noting that he is “very committed and highly responsive” and that “his skill and experience in M&A are remarkable,” though he also “knows how to be pragmatic.” Previous editions highlighted how “highly considered” he is.
Best Lawyers in France has also consistently recommended him for Corporate law as well as Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
Patrick joined Gibson Dunn in November 2006 from the Paris office of a U.S. law firm where he had practiced for eight years.
Admitted to the Paris Bar, Patrick holds a PhD (doctorat en droit). His thesis focused on the Shareholders’ Right to Vote, and was published in 2002. He received a DESS (post-graduate degree) in corporate and tax law in 1996 and a masters’ degree in corporate and tax law in 1995 both from the University Paris II – Panthéon Assas.
Patrick has authored several articles on securities-related matters.
He speaks English fluently.
Select M&A Experience:
- Advised Docaposte, the digital subsidiary of Groupe La Poste, in connection with multiple operations such as the acquisition of HEVA, a company specializing in healthcare data management, or the acquisition of Otipass, CDC Arkineo and Inadvans.
- Advised Meridian Adhesives Group, a leading manufacturer of high-value adhesive technologies held by Arsenal Capital partners, in connection with the acquisition of French company FT Polymer and Belgian company Gentec Benelux.
- Advised NEHS Développement, a professional services company operating in the healthcare sector, in connection with multiple operations, including the sale of Aklia Groupe to Hoppen or one of its affiliates ; the sale of Sodel, a manufacturer of healthcare sector hygiene products, and the sale of its subsidiary, Alkapharm UK, to HLD, a European investment group.
- Advised Vivendi’s subsidiary MyBestPro and its holding Orbohr, in connection with the acquisition of a 80% stake in legaltech Juritravail, and the step-by-step acquisition of a minority stake by 2024, along with co-buyer Groupama Assurances Mutuelle.
- Advised Banque Française Mutualiste, a French bank, in connection with the sale of 100% of Ingenierie Technique & Location, a financing company for capital goods for professionals, to Franfinance, Société Générale’s subsidiary ; with its acquisition of fintech Munite and with the acquisition of a majority stake in MFPrima, a company that provides insurance agent and broker services for a range of insurance types.
- Advised Hologic, Inc., the NASDAQ-listed medical technology company, in connection with its takeover bid over 100% of the capital of France-based heatlcare innovator in cart-based ultrasound product SuperSonic Imagine.
- Advised Eaton Corp., a global power management company, on its $920 million acquisition of Souriau–Sunbank Connection Technologies from TransDigm Group Inc.
- Advised TF Bank, a Tunisian actor of private banking, in connection with its recapitalization.
- Advised Riverbed Technologies, a U.S. technology company in connection with the sales of its entire stake in Intercloud, a cloud delivery platform.
- Advised Zarges Tubesca, an aluminium sector company, on its disposal of Tubesca Comabi to Frénéhard & Michaux, a French family group of industrial companies.
- Advised NAWA Technologies in a €18,3 million series C fundraising from VCs Kouros, Bpifrance, Demeter and Supernova Invest.
Select Private Equity Experience:
- Advised Tikehau Ace Capital, a private equity firm specializing in the industrial and technology sectors, and Bpifrance, a French public investment bank, in connection with the acquisition of Crouzet, a specialized manufacturer of mechatronic components for demanding markets such as Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Industrial, Medical, Railway and Energy from LBO France, along with Société Générale Capital Partenaires.
- Advised Tikehau Ace Capital in connection with the conclusion of a binding agreement to acquire a stake in the capital of Groupe FIGEAC AÉRO, a leading partner of major aerospace companies.
- Advised Bpifrance, a French public investment bank, in connection with multiple operations, such as its minority investment in Pandat Finance, a broker expert in cash investments; the sale of their interest in construction and infrastructure company, Groupe NGE; the €149.5 million investment in Galileo Global Education, an international post-secondary education group focused on providing students with access to higher education in the fields of applied arts, design, communication and management, alongside CPPIB, Tethys, Montagu and the management.
- Advised a premier american fund in connection with the acquisition of French listed company Imerys’ roofing division.
- Advised TPG Growth, the middle market and growth equity investment platform of global alternative asset firm TPG, in connection with the acquisition of TRACE, Africa’s Leading Music and Entertainment Company, from Modern Times Group, a leading international digital entertainment group based in Sweden.
- Advised a consortium of funds managed by Baird Capital and Granville, on the Sale of ZARGES Group, a manufacturer of professional access, storage and special construction products, to WernerCo, a manufacturer of access products, fall protection equipment and secure storage systems.
- Advised Xella, a Lone Star portfolio company, in the acquisition of Cellumat Group, a concrete block manufacturer in France and Belgium.
- Advised L Catterton, a Connecticut-based venture capital and private equity firm specializing in growth capital investments, in connection with the sale of Baccarat, a designer and manufacturer of crystal, to Fortune Fountain Capital, a Beijing-based private equity firm.