Ben Myers is a partner in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
Mr Myers is a member of the firm’s Global Finance and Business Restructuring Practice Groups. He is also one of the leaders of the firm’s UK ESG practice and a member of the firm’s global ESG Practice Group.
Mr Myers regularly advises private equity sponsors and their investment funds/portfolio companies, major financial institutions, corporates, hedge funds and other investors and agency/trustee services providers across a wide range of complex and multi-jurisdictional financing transactions including leveraged finance, real estate finance, asset finance, fund finance and restructuring transactions.
In addition to advising clients on mainstream finance and restructuring transactions, Mr Myers’ practice has a particular focus on special situations transactions. He has extensive experience advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, special situations teams at major financial institutions and credit/special situations funds on deal specific credit solutions including holdco/PIK financings, rescue financings, GP co-invest financings, minority investment financings and post-restructuring recapitalisations.
Mr Myers previously worked for extended periods in the leveraged loan and high yield finance teams of the investment banking divisions of Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Mr Myers was recommended for Property Finance by Legal 500 UK 2022 and was previously named as a “rising star” by Legal Business.
Mr. Myers has been involved in the following representative matters:
- RedBird Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of AC Milan
- A Hong Kong investment firm in connection with its GP co-invest financing arrangements
- A U.S. Credit Fund in connection with a holdco financing of a Swiss data centre business
- EQT Exeter in connection with the subscription facility for its China property fund
- Investcorp in connection with its acquisition of Investis Digital, a leading global digital corporate communications and marketing company
- Amazon in connection with the establishment of its European commercial paper programme
- Lucid Agency and Trustee Services Limited as the replacement agent/security trustee in connection with the financial restructuring and recapitalisation of a portfolio business of a UK PE Sponsor
- Porthaven Care Homes and its shareholders in connection with the refinancing of the acquisition financing arrangements established in connection with the acquisition of Porthaven Care Homes
- Banijay Group in connection with the financing arrangements for the acquisition of Endemol Shine*
- Searchlight Capital Partners on the holdco financing arrangements for one of its portfolio companies in connection with a minority investment by that portfolio company*
- A consortium of lenders including Blantyre Capital and Bulgarian Development Bank in relation to the financial restructuring and recapitalisation of Bulsatcom EAD, a Bulgarian satellite television, internet and mobile operator*
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in relation to the financial restructuring and recapitalisation of the Lebara Group*
- Vector Capital on the financing arrangements for its investment in Cloudsense, a leading commercial software service provider with operations across the United States, Europe and Asia-Pacific and the subsequent refinancing of such financing arrangements*
- Centerbridge and KKR as principal investors in connection with the financial restructuring, and subsequent disposal, of BMI Healthcare and the GHG Group*
- Selecta Group B.V., a portfolio company of KKR, in connection with its acquisition of Gruppo Argenta S.p.A. and Pelican Rouge and the refinancing of Selecta’s existing debt*
- An ad hoc group of creditors to Danaos Corporation in connection with the restructuring of $2.2bn of the company’s debt*
- FNZ Group on the financing arrangements for the acquisition of European Bank for Financial Services GmbH (ebase), the public to private acquisition of GBST Holdings Ltd and the refinancing of FNZ’s existing debt*
- SK Capital in connection with the financing arrangements for the acquisition by its portfolio company, Wavelength Pharmaceuticals, Ltd., of Perrigo Company PLC’s active pharmaceuticals ingredients (“API”) business in Israel, the United States and India*
- Global Logistics Properties (GLP) on its acquisition of European logistics business IDI Gazeley from Brookfield Asset Management for approximately US$2.8 billion*
- A group of lenders in connection with the refinancing of Manchester United’s bank facilities and notes*
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch in connection with the bridge facilities established for the purposes Royal Dutch Shell’s public offer to acquire BG Group*
*Experience prior to joining Gibson Dunn.