Ben Myers is a partner in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the firm’s Global Finance Practice Group.
Mr Myers’ practice focuses on advising funds, sponsors, corporates and financial institutions across a wide range of complex and multi-jurisdictional financing transactions with particular focus on leveraged finance, special situations and restructuring transactions.
Mr Myers has also worked for extended periods in the leveraged loan and high yield finance teams of the investment banking divisions of Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Mr Myers was named as a “rising star” by Legal Business (February 2017).
Mr. Myers has been involved in the following representative matters:
- Banijay Group in connection with the financing arrangements for the acquisition of Endemol Shine*
- Searchlight Capital Partners on the holdco financing arrangements for one of its portfolio companies in connection with a minority investment by that portfolio company*
- A consortium of lenders including Blantyre Capital and Bulgarian Development Bank in relation to the financial restructuring of Bulsatcom EAD, a Bulgarian satellite television, internet and mobile operator*
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in relation to the financial restructuring of the Lebara Group*
- Vector Capital on the financing arrangements for its investment in Cloudsense, a leading commercial software service provider with operations across the United States, Europe and Asia-Pacific and the subsequent refinancing of such financing arrangements*
- Centerbridge and KKR as principal investors in connection with the financial restructuring, and subsequent disposal, of BMI Healthcare and the GHG Group*
- Selecta Group B.V., a portfolio company of KKR, in connection with its acquisition of Gruppo Argenta S.p.A. and Pelican Rouge and the refinancing of Selecta’s existing debt*
- An ad hoc group of creditors to Danaos Corporation in connection with the restructuring of $2.2bn of the company’s debt*
- FNZ Group on the financing arrangements for the acquisition of European Bank for Financial Services GmbH (ebase), the public to private acquisition of GBST Holdings Ltd and the refinancing of FNZ’s existing debt*
- SK Capital in connection with the financing arrangements for the acquisition by its portfolio company, Wavelength Pharmaceuticals, Ltd., of Perrigo Company PLC’s active pharmaceuticals ingredients (“API”) business in Israel, the United States and India*
- Global Logistics Properties (GLP) on its acquisition of European logistics business IDI Gazeley from Brookfield Asset Management for approximately US$2.8 billion*
- A group of lenders in connection with the refinancing of Manchester United’s bank facilities and notes*
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch in connection with the bridge facilities established for the purposes Royal Dutch Shell’s public offer to acquire BG Group*
*Experience prior to joining Gibson Dunn.