Justine Robinson is of counsel in the Houston office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where she currently practices with the firm’s Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance practice groups. Her practice focuses on securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions for private and public companies, including master limited partnerships (MLPs), in the energy industry. She also advises clients on general corporate concerns, including Exchange Act reporting, corporate governance and Section 16 matters.
Justine’s experience includes:*
- Representation of Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. in initial public offering of common units, the largest MLP IPO in history at the time.
- Representation of Valero Energy Partners LP in initial public offering of common units.
- Representation of 8point3 Energy Partners LP in initial public offering of Class A shares.
- Representation of underwriters for the initial public offering of NextEra Energy Partners, LP, the first yieldco to be structured as an MLP.
- Representation of underwriters, corporations and MLPs in securities offerings, including registered offerings of debt and equity securities, 144A private placements of debt securities, at-the-market continuous offering programs (ATMs), tender offers, exchange offers, PIPEs and secondary offerings.
- Representation of issuers for securities offerings, including 8point3 Energy Partners LP, Blueknight Energy Partners, L.P., Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Forum Energy Technologies, Inc., Shell Midstream Partners, L.P., Valero Energy Corporation and Valero Energy Partners LP.
- Representation of various underwriters for securities offerings by MLPs, including DCP Midstream Partners, L.P., NextEra Energy Partners, LP, Teekay LNG Partners L.P. and Western Refining Logistics, L.P.
- Representation of underwriters for approximately $9.5 billion in multiple registered offerings of senior notes by Sysco Corporation.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representation of Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. in acquisition of J-Mac Tool Inc.
- Representation of EQT Corporation in acquisition of Trans Energy, Inc.
- Representation of SunPower Corporation in formation of 8point3 Energy Partners LP, a joint venture yieldco with First Solar, Inc.
- Representation of private equity firm in restructurings of private E&P companies.
- Representation of various sponsors in drop down acquisitions by MLPs, including Shell Midstream Partners, L.P., Valero Energy Partners LP and 8point3 Energy Partners LP.
Justine received her J.D. with honors from The University of Texas School of Law in 2013, where she served as Director of Media for the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law. In 2010, she graduated summa cum laude from Baylor University, where she received her B.B.A. in finance and international business and was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma.
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher