Mark Sperotto is a partner in the London office of Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher and a member of the Corporate Transactional practice group.
Mark has broad experience in both the UK and Italian markets, covering all aspects of corporate, private equity and investment banking with a focus on cross-border M&A, leveraged buy-outs, fund establishment and international corporate finance and equity capital markets transactions.
Mark’s experience extends to advising private equity and investment funds, major domestic and international corporates and investment banks on a wide range of company law and transactional matters. He has particular expertise in the retail, leisure, healthcare, gaming, e-commerce, real estate and energy/infrastructure sectors, having advised clients on numerous high profile and complex transactions in those areas.
He is recommended by The Legal 500 UK 2023 for Private Equity: Transactions and M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals. He is also recognised by the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom as a leading lawyer for Private Equity Law.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mark practiced at Ashurst LLP and served as managing partner of its Italian practice from 2009 to 2011 while based in Milan. He was admitted to the Italian Bar as ‘Avvocato Stabilito‘ in 2007 and speaks fluent Italian.
- Advised Kimberly-Clark Corp. in relation to the proposed disposal of a Pan-European business division and accompanying Intellectual Property portfolio
- Acted for Lone Star funds in the proposed divesture of speciality chemicals business
- Advised Apollo Global Management in relation to its acquisition and subsequent sales of a portfolio of Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn branded hotels in the UK
- Advised The Halifax Group on the sale of Envision Pharma Group to Ardian and GHO Capital Partners
- Acted for funds managed by Lone Star in the disposal of the European operations of The Money Shop and Pawn Broking businesses to HPS Partners
- Advised Qorvo Inc. in relation to its $310 million acquisition of Cavendish Kinetics Limited by way of private tender offer
- Acted for Apollo Global Management on the sale of the Kensington Forum Hotel to Queensgate Investments
- Advised Hong Kong Telecom/PCCW in relation to the disposal of its U.K. fixed and wireless broadband businesses and 4G spectrum to Three
- Acted for StepStone Group LP in connection with its acquisition of Swiss Capital Alternative Investments AG
- Advised Liberty Hall Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of precision parts manufacturer for the aerospace industry, Accrofab Limited
- Acted for Virgin Active in relation to the acquisition of a controlling interest by Brait
- Advised Apollo Global Management in relation to its €420 million acquisition of the Westbridge portfolio of hotels across six European jurisdictions
- Advised Merlin Entertainments plc on its £3.6 billion IPO and premium listing on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange
- Advised Repsol S.A. in connection with the divestment of its participating interest in the Tangguh LNG Project to BP plc
- Acted for Borealis Infrastructure and First State Investments in the Euro 2.55 billion acquisition of Fortum’s electricity distribution business in Finland
- Acted for Tesco plc on its £50 million acquisition of Giraffe restaurant chain
- Advised Apollo Global Management portfolio company, CEVA Logistics, on its €135 million sale of shipping container arm Pallecon
- Acted for Apollo Global Management LLC in its US$2.5 billion acquisition of McGraw Hill’s educational division
- Advised Tesco plc in relation to its joint venture arrangements in respect of the Euphorium artisan bakeries chain
- Advised Apax in relation to the its Euro 3.2 billion disposal of Molnlycke Health Care Group to Investor AB