Mark Sperotto is a partner in the London office of Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher and a member of the Corporate Transactional practice group.
Mr. Sperotto has broad experience in both the UK and Italian markets, covering all aspects of corporate, private equity and investment banking with a focus on cross-border M&A, leveraged buy-outs, fund establishment and international corporate finance and equity capital markets transactions.
Mr. Sperotto’s experience extends to advising private equity and investment funds, major domestic and international corporates and investment banks on a wide range of company law and transactional matters. He has particular expertise in the retail, leisure, gaming, e-commerce, healthcare, real estate and energy/infrastructure sectors, having advised clients on numerous high profile and complex transactions in those areas.
He is recommended by The Legal 500 UK 2020 for Private Equity: Transactions.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Sperotto practiced at Ashurst LLP and served as managing partner of its Italian practice from 2009 to 2011 while based in Milan. He was admitted to the Italian Bar as “Avvocato Stabilito” in 2007 and speaks fluent Italian.
- Advised Apollo Global Management in relation to its acquisition of a portfolio of 22 Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn branded hotels in the UK
- Acted for Apollo Global Management on the sale of the Kensington Forum Hotel to Queensgate Investments
- Advised StepStone Group LP in connection with its acquisition of Swiss Capital Alternative Investments AG
- Advised The Halifax Group on the sale of Envision Pharma Group to Ardian and GHO Capital Partners
- Acted for Virgin Active in relation to the acquisition of a controlling interest by Brait
- Advised Repsol S.A. in connection with the divestment of its participating interest in the Tangguh LNG Project to BP plc
- Advised Apollo Global Management in relation to its €420 million acquisition of the Westbridge portfolio of 18 hotels across six European jurisdictions*
- Advised Merlin Entertainments plc on its £3.6 billion IPO and premium listing on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange*
- Acted for Borealis Infrastructure and First State Investments in the Euro 2.55 billion acquisition of Fortum’s electricity distribution business in Finland*
- Advised Merlin Entertainments plc with regard to construction, funding and lease back arrangements relating to an attraction theme park in Japan*
- Acted for Tesco plc on its £50 million acquisition of Giraffe restaurant chain*
- Advised Apollo Global Management portfolio company, CEVA Logistics, on its €135 million sale of shipping container arm Pallecon*
- Acted for Apollo Global Management LLC in its US$2.5 billion acquisition of McGraw Hill’s educational division*
- Advised Tesco plc in relation to its joint venture arrangements in respect of the Euphorium artisan bakeries chain*
- Acted for CEVA Group plc in relation to its €1.3 billion debt for equity exchange and new capital raise*
- Acted for the Cipriani restaurants and hospitality group in relation to its equity restructuring and acquisition and subsequent disposal of a Central London restaurant chain*
* Experience prior to joining Gibson Dunn