Marcus Tan is Of Counsel in the Singapore office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets Practice Groups.
Mr. Tan advises on mergers & acquisitions transactions and has substantial experience advising on public takeovers, delistings and privatizations of companies listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange. He has also advised clients on joint ventures and corporate restructuring exercises.
His capital markets experience covers various forms of equity capital fundraising, including initial and secondary public offerings, private placements, bonus issues and rights issues of listed equity securities.
Mr. Tan has also served as a Compliance Officer at a Singapore Exchange approved continuing sponsor, responsible for regulating companies listed on Catalist, the Singapore Exchange’s sponsor-supervised board.
Mr. Tan received his LL.B. from King’s College London in 2005. He is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
- SC Global Developments Ltd. in the voluntary unconditional general offer made by DBS Bank, for and on behalf of MYK Holdings, for the entire share capital of SC Global in an offer worth approximately S$744.5 million.
- KS Energy Limited in the S$142 million investment by Actis in its subsidiary KS Distribution, and the consolidation of its oil & gas and marine distribution services business by the privatizations of Aqua-Terra Supply and SSH Corporation (both Singapore-listed companies), through separate and simultaneous schemes of arrangement.
- Robinson and Company Limited in the voluntary general offer made by Standard Chartered Bank, for and on behalf of ALF Global, and the subsequent privatization of Robinson in a deal worth approximately S$618.7 million.
- C & O Pharmaceutical Technology (Holdings) Ltd. in the mandatory general offer made by Nomura Singapore Limited, for and on behalf of Shionogi & Co., and the subsequent privatization of C & O in a deal worth approximately S$331.7 million.
- Zagro Asia Ltd. in the settlement with and preferential offering made by its controlling shareholder, The Zuellig Group. Subsequently advised Zagro’s majority shareholder in the mandatory unconditional general offer for Zagro triggered by the preferential offering.
- KS Drilling Pte. Ltd., a subsidiary of KS Energy, in the US$47.5 million investment by ITOCHU Corporation through an issue of preferred equity.
- Bumitama Agri Ltd. in its S$1.3 billion initial public offering and listing on the Mainboard of the SGX-ST. The IPO raised approximately S$221.7 million.
- EMS Holdings and Koastal Pte. Ltd. in the S$150 million very substantial acquisition and interested person transaction.
- Temasek Holdings in the S$437.5 million subscription of shares in the capital of Olam International Limited.
- TR Networks Ltd. in its S$270 million reverse takeover of Oceanus.
* Includes experience gained prior to joining Gibson Dunn.