Darko Adamovic is a partner in the Paris office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and a member of the firm’s Energy, Projects & Infrastructure, Derivatives and Global Finance Practice Groups.
Darko advises on the development and financing of projects in the infrastructure and energy fields such as telecommunications, energy transition, conventional energy (including renewables) and transport projects. He has significant experience advising sponsors, lenders, multilateral institutions, contractors and host governments on the development, structuring and financing (including loans, bonds, hybrid and derivatives financings) of major projects in France and internationally. He also has significant experience in M&A transactions in the infrastructure and energy sectors.
Darko has advised on numerous innovative transactions in various sectors including the electric vehicle (EV), hydrogen and alternative or e-fuel(s) sectors. He has developed innovative financing structures, including credit enhancement facilities and project bond enhancements, on behalf of the European Investment Bank. He was heavily involved in the BioTJet project were he advised the consortium on the structuring of the Project.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Darko was a partner in the energy & infrastructure group of a Magic Circle law firm in Paris.
Admitted to the Paris Bar, Darko holds a Master’s degree in Banking, Financial and Business Law from Paris II Panthéon-Assas University. Darko was one of the authors of the French chapter of the international edition of The Projects and Construction Review.
He speaks French, English and Serbo-Croatian fluently.
- Advised a group of lenders in relation to the financing aspects of the €2.6 billion EV acquisition of German energy utility company STEAG by Spanish investment management firm Asterion Industrial Partners.
- Advised InfraVia in the context of its JV with Play (subsidiary of Iliad) for the development and operation of an FTTH network in Poland.
- Advised the members of a consortium led by Elyse Energy in the context of a development of a SAF project in France.
- Advised the lenders to the consortium led by NGE in the context of the financing of the concession of the development, maintenance, operation and financing of the A69 toll road in France.
- Advised the arrangers to InfraVia and EIR in the context of their JV for the development and operation of an FTTH network in Ireland.
- Advised Meridiam, a leading infrastructure investment fund, and Allego, one of the leading developers of European high power EV charging stations, in the context of the structuring and implementation of a pan-European project to build, maintain, operate and finance several EV charging points across Europe.
- Advised the lenders to Rubis terminals in the context of the refinancing of their portfolio of pan-European port terminals.
- Advised the lenders on the financing, construction and operation of a wind farm under a corporate PPA by InfraVia Capital Partners located in Sweden.
- Advised Electra, a leading French developer of EV charging points, in the context of its initial fund raising and the development and financing of its projects in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Spain.
- Advised Vauban on the financing of the acquisition of a stake in the Indigo Group.
- Advised the lenders of a consortium led by Meridiam on their bid submission for the award of a concession for the construction, maintenance, operation and financing of Belgrade airport in Serbia.
- Advised InfraVia and Alkion in the context of the financing and the refinancing of a portfolio or port terminals.
- Advised the lenders to Antin in the context of its acquisition of the Idex group.
- Advised Vinci Airports and ADP in the context of the financing of the concession for the development, operation and financing of the Santiago de Chile airport.
*Includes matters prior to joining Gibson Dunn