Andrew Blythe is a litigation associate in the Orange County office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He practices in Gibson Dunn’s Intellectual Property Practice Group, with a focus on patent litigation. Andrew has substantive litigation experience from complaint through appeal, including trials both in district court and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Lead associate representing global pharmaceutical company as defendant in patent litigation accusing company’s medical devices of infringement.
- Successfully defended leading networking company in multi-patent infringement action, resulting in directed verdict in company’s favor at close of plaintiff’s case during jury trial.
- Obtained early summary judgment of noninfringement on behalf of global consumer products company in multi-patent case.
- Represented global pharmaceutical company as petitioner in four related IPR proceedings before the Patent Trials and Appeals Board of the USPTO. Argued disputed motions before the Board and served as second-chair for Oral Hearing.
- Obtained preliminary injunction and final judgement following bench trial on behalf of global pharmaceutical company as patent owner in Hatch-Waxman litigation against more than 20 generic pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Successfully defended pharmaceutical patent from IPR challenges brought by three petitioners before the Patent Trials and Appeals Board of the USPTO.
- Represented plaintiff global pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman litigation resulting in defendants’ cancellation of trial and final judgment in company’s favor.
- Member of trial team that obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdict for leading data storage company in patent infringement trial.
Andrew earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Harvard Law School. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude, in mathematical economics with a minor in physics from Occidental College where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
Andrew is admitted to practice in the States of California and New York and as a registered patent attorney before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.