Ciarán Deeny is a New York and English qualified associate based in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice Groups.
Ciarán has a broad range of corporate transactional and general advisory experience, with a primary focus on cross-border transactions in private equity, private M&A and growth capital transactions across Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Ciarán took his Legal Practice Course in 2015 at BPP Law School, and earned his Bachelor of Laws LLB in 2010 at the London School of Economics. He is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales, and the New York Bar.
Selected experience advising:
- Cision, a portfolio company of Platinum Equity, on its USD450 million acquisition of Brandwatch, a global leader in digital consumer intelligence and social media listening.
- TAWAL on its acquisitions of telecom tower portfolios in South Asia and on related master services.
- The majority shareholders of Avianca in the formation of Abra Group Limited, an airline transportation group anchored by a pan-Latin American network of airlines that includes GOL, Avianca and Viva Air.
- Investcorp on its joint investment with TPG in Outcomes First Group, an educational social group, providing educational services to those with learning and social difficulties.
- Hackman Capital Partners on a UK joint venture, involving the acquisition of interests in various film studios in the UK and Scotland.
- Crestview on the acquisition of AGR Automation, a UK-based provider of automation design and systems integration.
- AGIC Capital on the sale of global medical laser business Fotona to Vitruvian Partners and the related minority reinvestment arrangements.
- CITIC Capital on its sale of ISI Emerging Markets Group, the leading provider of macroeconomic, business and industry intelligence on global emerging markets, through a sale to Montagu Private Equity.
- Morgan Stanley on its investment in Huel, a sustainable nutrition company.
- Gulf Capital on the sale of MetaMed, the largest diagnostic imaging network in the Middle East, to a consortium of international and regional investors.
- Investcorp on the investment by a consortium of private equity investors into a rehabilitation healthcare facility in Abu Dhabi.
- A number of institutional investors with respect to their investments in technology companies focused on FinTech, consumer services and other technology enabled services in series seed, early and later stage investment rounds.