Pamela Lawrence Endreny is a partner in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. Ms. Endreny represents clients in a broad range of U.S. and international tax matters.
Ms. Endreny’s experience includes mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures, financings, restructurings and capital markets transactions. She has obtained private letter rulings from the Internal Revenue Service on tax-free spin-offs and other corporate transactions.
She has been repeatedly selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, and was also named a Tax “MVP” by Law360.
Ms. Endreny is a member of the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association Tax Section. She is also a member of the Tax Forum and Private Investment Fund Tax Forum.
Significant representations include:
- Representation of VMware in its acquisition by Broadcom;
- The VMWare Board Special Committee in Dell Technologies’ spin-off of VMware;
- Ziff Davis in its spin-off of Consensus Cloud Solutions, Inc.;
- Lennar Corp in its proposed spin-off of its asset management business;
- The Kraft Heinz Company in the sale of its nuts business, including the Planters brand, to Hormel Foods;
- The Kraft Heinz Company in its joint venture with food tech start-up, TheNotCompany, Inc.;
- The Hershey Co. in its acquisitions of Pretzels Inc., Dot’s Pretzels LLC, and Lily’s Sweets;
- News Corp. in its acquisition of the Books & Media segment of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt;
- News Corp. in its acquisitions from S&P Global and IHS Markit of IHS Markit’s Base Chemicals business and IHS Markit’s Oil Price Information Services (OPIS) and associated businesses;
- Merck & Co. in its acquisition of VelosBio Inc.;
- PepsiCo in its joint venture with Beyond Meat;
- South Jersey Industries, Inc., in its take-private acquisition by the Infrastructure Investments Fund;
- Fifth Wall Acquisition Corp. I, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) sponsored by an affiliate of Fifth Wall, in its acquisition of SmartRent;
- U.S. Concrete, Inc., in its acquisition by Vulcan Materials Company;
- Candle Media, a media company formed by Blackstone, Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs, in its majority investment in Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine;
- Candle Media in its acquisition of Faraway Road Productions and The Home Edit;
- Block, Inc., in its acquisition of Jay-Z’s Tidal audio and video music streaming service;
- Providence Service Corporation in its acquisition of Simplura Health Group;
- Togetherwork Holdings, LLC, a portfolio company of GI Partners, in its acquisition of Fonteva, an association and events management platform built on Salesforce;
- L Catterton in its strategic investment in Function of Beauty;
- Fly Leasing Limited in its sale to an affiliate of Carlyle Aviation Partners;
- Zevia PBC in connection with its initial public offering in an UP-C structure;
- Chobani LLC in its proposed initial public offering in an UP-C structure; and
- PAR Technology Corporation in its acquisition of Punchh Inc.