Quinton C. Farrar is a corporate partner in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
Mr. Farrar advises public and privately held companies, including private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, investors, financial advisors, boards of directors and individuals in connection with a wide variety of complex corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, leveraged buyouts, spin-offs, joint ventures and minority investments and divestitures. He also has substantial experience advising clients on corporate governance issues as well as in advising issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private issuances of debt and equity securities.
Mr. Farrar has represented numerous private equity clients including TPG, L Catterton, Macquarie Infrastructure & Real Assets, Goldman Sachs, Trilantic Capital Partners, Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners and Morgan Stanley. Mr. Farrar’s public company clients have included Primoris Services Corporation, Marsh & McLennan, Marriott, Publicis and Rocket Pharmaceuticals, among others.
Mr. Farrar is a board member of the Board of Trustees and the corporate Secretary of the non-profit Washington Square Park Conservancy in New York City, and serves on the Board’s Executive Committee.
Mr. Farrar received his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, in 2012 from Fordham Law School, where he served as an Editor of the Fordham Law Review. Prior to law school, Mr. Farrar served as a legislative aide in the Massachusetts House of Representatives. In 2007, Mr. Farrar received his Bachelor of Arts Degree, magna cum laude, from the Boston College Honors Program.
Mr. Farrar is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
Representative M&A Transactions:
- Atwood Oceanics: Represented Atwood Oceanics, Inc. in its $2 billion acquisition by Ensco plc.
- Contran Corporation: Represented Contran in the carve-out sale of Keystone Consolidated Industries, manufacturer of quality steel fabricated wire products to Liberty Steel.
- ExactTarget: Represented ExactTarget in its acquisition by Salesforce.com.
- Goldman, Sachs & Company: Represented GS Infrastructure Partners II, an investment fund managed by the Merchant Banking Division of The Goldman Sachs Group, in the sale of its interest held in Autopistas Metropolitanas de Puerto Rico to Ullico Inc.
- L Catterton: Represented L Catterton and its portfolio companies in numerous transactions, including the going-private of Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group and the concurrent carveout sale of the Del Frisco’s steak business to Landry’s, the acquisition of Saje Natural Wellness and the $150 million strategic minority investment in Function of Beauty.
- Macquarie Infrastructure & Real Assets (MIRA): Represented MIRA in numerous transactions including the acquisitions of the automated Long Beach Container Terminal in California, and additional port terminals in Long Beach, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Tacoma, WA and Newark, NJ.
- Marriott International: Represented Marriott International in its contested $13.6 billion acquisition of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.
- Marsh & McLennan Companies: Represented MMC in a number of M&A transactions including the acquisitions of Wortham Insurance, International Catastrophe Insurance Managers (ICAT), Torrent Technologies and Dovetail Insurance Corporation and the carve-out sale of Marsh ClearSight, a business unit of Marsh & McLennan, to Riskonnect.
- Morgan Stanley Tactical Value Fund: Represented Morgan Stanley’s Tactical Value Fund in connection with its minority investment in NN Inc., a diversified industrial company.
- Prime Communications: Represented Prime Communications in the carve-out acquisition of the Spring Mobile business from GameStop Corp., which owns and operates 1,289 AT&T wireless stores.
- Primoris Services Corporation: Represented Primoris Services Corporation in its acquisition of Future Infrastructure Holdings, LLC from Tower Arch Capital LLC and other interest holders.
- Publicis Groupe: Represented Publicis Groupe in numerous transactions including its acquisitions of the Abundancy, Ardent IO, RUN, Inc., Expicient Inc. and Hawkeye, Inc..
- Rocket Pharmaceuticals Inc.: Represented Rocket Pharmaceuticals in its take-public reverse merger with Inotek Pharmaceuticals and Rocket’s subsequent first public offering of common stock.
- Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners: Representation of Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners in connection with the sale of the Carlsbad desalination plant to Aberdeen Global Infrastructure.
- TPG: Represented TPG and its portfolio companies in numerous transactions including the acquisition of DreamBox Learning, DreamBox’s Learning’s acquisition of Reading Plus, the subsequent sale of DreamBox Learning to Evergreen Coast Capital Corp., the acquisition of Q-Centrix from Sterling Partners and senior preferred growth equity investment in Neogene Therapeutics.
- Trilantic Capital Partners: Represented Trilantic and its portfolio companies in numerous transactions including the acquisition of United Subcontractors and subsequent sale of United Subcontractors to TopBuild Corporation as well as the acquisition of Sunbelt Transformer from Solomon Corporation.