Andrew D. Friedman is a partner in the Century City office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the firm’s Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions, Investment Funds, and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance Practice Groups. Mr. Friedman’s practice focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions in their variety of forms, equity investments, joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
Mr. Friedman’s clients include private equity sponsors as well as public and private companies in a variety of industries, including technology and media, telecommunications, aerospace & defense, industrials, gaming and consumer products. Mr. Friedman has been named one of Southern California’s “Rising Stars” by Los Angeles Magazine and Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition since 2014. He is also currently a member of the executive committee of the Business Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
Mr. Friedman earned his Juris Doctor degree cum laude in 2009 from Harvard Law School. He graduated in 2003 from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
Mr. Friedman is admitted to practice law in the State of California.
- Eros International Plc in its strategic merger with STX Entertainment to create ErosSTX Global Corp., a multinational film, television and streaming media company.
- The Rubicon Project (now known as Magnite) in its strategic merger with Telaria, Inc. to create the largest independent sell-side ad tech platform.
- Mattco Forge, Inc., a maker of forged metal products for the aerospace & defense industry, in its sale to Blue Point Capital Partners.
- The Strategic Review Committee of the Board of Directors of Smart & Final in Smart & Final’s acquisition by an affiliate of Apollo Global Management.
- Green Hills Software in its sale of a minority interest to Cadence Design Systems.
- Aurora Capital Partners in its acquisition and subsequent disposition of Industrial Container Services, a provider of reusable container solutions.
- Aurora Capital Partners in its acquisition and subsequent disposition of Market Track, a provider of marketing and promotions intelligence services.
- Aurora Capital Partners its equity financings in connection with the acquisitions of Zywave, a provider of insurance brokerage software solutions, and Dubois Chemicals, a provider of customized chemical solutions and services.
- Restaurant Technologies, Inc., a provider of advanced kitchen automation services to the foodservice industry, in its acquisition by an affiliate of Goldman Sachs.
- WndrCo, LLC in its organization and partnership with investors.
- WndrCo, LLC in its acquisition of AnchorFree Inc. (now known as Pango), the maker of a VPN app.
- Jack in the Box Inc. in its sale of its Qdoba Mexican Eats fast-casual Mexican food brand to an affiliate of Apollo Global Management LLC.
- The Board of Directors of LMI Aerospace, Inc., in LMI’s acquisition by Sonaca Group.
- Hawaiian Telcom, in its acquisition by Cincinnati Bell.
- Leonard Green & Partners, in its sale of a minority stake to a Blackstone Group fund.
- RDV Corporation (through its affiliate Ottawa Avenue Private Capital) in its purchase of a minority equity stake in Nordic Capital.
- Aurora Resurgence in the formation of and fundraising for its second distressed platform fund.
- Riot Games, a developer and publisher of video games, in its acquisition by Tencent.
- Green Dot Corporation, a provider of financial products and services such as prepaid debit cards, in its acquisition of Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.
- RecoverCare, a national distributor of medical equipment under Medicare/Medicaid, in its merger of equals with Joerns Healthcare.
- NuCo2, a supplier of fountain beverage carbonation to retail establishments, in its acquisition by Praxair.
- Porex Corporation, a global developer, manufacturer and distributor of porous polymer products, in its acquisition by Filtration Group.
- Cain Hoy Enterprises in a real estate joint venture for the acquisition and development of three mixed-use condominium towers in Miami, Florida.
- Ducommun Incorporated in the sale of its Pittsburgh operations to Intervala.
- California Science Center in its transportation and display of the Space Shuttle Endeavour.
- Pan American Financial in its take-private acquisition of United PanAm Financial Corp., a subprime auto financing company.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Harbin Electric, Inc., a manufacturer and supplier of electric motors headquartered in China, in connection with Harbin’s acquisition in a take private transaction.