Madalyn Miller is a partner in the in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, is Co-Chair of the Transportation and Space Group and a member of the firm’s Global Finance Practice Group.
Ms. Miller’s asset finance experience involves representing underwriters, lenders, and lessors in a variety of asset finance transactions, including portfolio securitizations, acquisition financing, and secured and unsecured lending transactions. Ms. Miller has also expertise advising on transactions involving the acquisition or disposition of aviation leasing companies and large portfolios of aircraft assets.
Ms. Miller is ranked by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2022 in Transportation: Aviation: Finance – USA – Nationwide, noting she works with clients on a host of transactions, including acquisition financings, with sources highlighting her as “a tough negotiator and a hard worker.”
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Ms. Miller was a partner at Clifford Chance.
Ms. Miller earned her Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School in 2011. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Oakland University in 2008.
Relevant experience includes advising:*
- Sculptor Asset Management on its SOLRR Aircraft 2021-1 Limited transaction, whereby the issuer issued $706.5 million of notes backed by twenty-two aircraft
- KKR, in connection with the acquisition of an $800M portfolio of asset backed loans from CIT Bank in connection with the establishment of KKR’s aviation lending platform
- Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure Investors LLC on a sale and leaseback transaction with Airfrance in respect of sixteen Airbus aircraft
- MUFG and Citi as joint lead structuring agents in connection with Sky Leasing’s SLAM 2021-1 issuance of $663 million notes backed by sixteen aircraft
- An investment bank, as lender, administrative agent and syndication agent, in a US$200 million warehouse loan financing secured by rolling stock
- Castlelake as issuer and servicer on its CLAS 2021-1 transaction, whereby the issuer issued $595 million of notes backed by 26 commercial passenger aircraft and one freighter aircraft on operating leases with 11 different lessees in 10 different countries
- Wings Capital Partners and WAVE on the closing of an issuance of US$678 million of fixed rate secured notes by WAVE 2019-1 LLC and WAVE 2019-1 Limited.
- Nordic Aviation Capital on the issuance of $786.3 million fixed rate unsecured notes. This transaction was the largest private placement by an aircraft lessor at the time of closing; Airfinance Journal Awards 2019: Lessor Unsecured Bond Deal of the Year
- An investment banking firm and a syndicate of lenders in connection with a US$500 million warehouse facility for Wings Capital
- BBAM, as seller and servicer, and Horizon Aircraft Finance in connection with the issuance of the US$612 million Horizon Aircraft Finance asset backed securitization, backed by 29 aircraft on lease to 21 lessees based in 19 countries
- Wings Capital Partners and WAVE on the closing of an issuance of US$480 million of fixed rate secured notes by WAVE 2017-1 LLC and WAVE 2017-1 Limited. The proceeds from the issuance of the Notes were used by WAVE to acquire a portfolio of 19 Airbus and Boeing jet aircraft; AirFinance Journal Awards 2018: Overall Capital Markets Deal of the Year
- An investment banking firm and a syndicate of lenders in connection with a US$300 million warehouse facility for Castlelake LP
- A financial services institution and an investment banking firm as underwriters in the issuance by NAS, the Norwegian low cost carrier, of US$177.19 million 2.372% Secured Notes Due 2027 and US$118.9 million 2.415% Secured Notes Due 2027
- KDAC Aviation Finance (Cayman) Limited, KDAC Aviation Finance (USA) LLC and DVB Bank SE, London Branch on an issuance of US$722.5 million of fixed rate secured notes. The proceeds from the issuance of the Notes were used by KDAC to acquire a portfolio of 36 Airbus and Boeing jet aircraft
- BBAM in connection with a US$390 million secured warehouse facility, with Incline B IrishCo Three Limited as borrower and BNP Paribas and First Gulf Bank PJSC as joint lead arrangers
- BOC Aviation in connection with their US$500 million asset backed securitization, backed by 24 aircraft acquired from BOC Aviation by Shenton Aircraft Investment I Ltd. and affiliates; Airfinance Journal Awards 2016: Capital Markets-ABS Deal of the Year
- DVB Bank and certain of its affiliates as Seller and as Servicer in connection with the issuance by AIM Aviation Finance Limited and AIM Aviation Finance USA LLC of US$667 million of senior secured notes which are secured by 20 aircraft; Airfinance Journal Awards 2016: Europe Deal of the Year
- A financial services institution and Investment Bank as Initial Senior Credit Facility Provider in connection with the issuance by Turbine Engines Securitization Ltd. and Turbine USA, LLC of US$305 million of senior secured notes which are secured by 32 aircraft engines acquired from certain affiliates of General Electric Capital Corporation; Global Transport Finance 2014: Aircraft Engine Deal of the Year
*Includes representations made by Ms. Miller prior to her association with Gibson Dunn.