Cason Moore is an Of Counsel in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. Mr. Moore is a member of the Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions and Capital Markets practice groups.
Mr. Moore advises on a broad range of corporate transactional and advisory matters, with a focus on cross-border M&A transactions representing sponsors and public companies. He also advises both issuers and underwriters on capital markets transactions, particularly in high-yield issuances (including green bond issuances) and debt restructurings.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Moore was a counsel at Vinson & Elkins in London and also practiced with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in New York and London. Mr. Moore has also worked at the Bank of England and in-house at a leading global asset manager.
Mr. Moore received his B.A with distinction in 2003 from the University of Virginia, where he was a Jefferson Scholar, and received his J.D. in 2007 from Columbia Law School, where he was a James Kent Scholar and the recipient of the Andrew D. Fried Memorial Prize. He is admitted to practice in New York and is a Registered Foreign Lawyer (England & Wales).
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of a majority stake in Spain-based plywood manufacturer Garnica from Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) and certain shareholders.
- KKR in connection with the investment, alongside OTPP, in Caruna Oy, Finland’s largest electricity distribution company.*
- Helios Towers plc in relation to the acquisition of Airtel’s passive infrastructure operating companies in Madagascar and Malawi and the potential acquisition of Airtel’s passive infrastructure assets in Chad and Gabon, together with related long term service contracts.*
- KKR in the sale of European Locomotive Leasing, a leading pan-European provider of electric locomotive leasing solutions, to AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets and Crédit Agricole Assurances.*
- Groupe Bruxelles Lambert, the Belgium-based investment holding company, in its acquisition of a majority stake in Webhelp, one of the world’s leading call centre operators headquartered in Paris; Deal values Webhelp at €2.4bn (enterprise value), making the acquisition both the largest LBO transaction in France in 2019 and the first for Groupe Bruxelles Lambert.*
- Vía Célere, the largest homebuilder in Spain and Värde Partners portfolio company, on its offering of €300 million aggregate principal amount of Senior Secured Notes due 2026 and €30 million super senior revolving credit facility. The offering represented the first green bond by a residential real estate developer in the Euro market.*
- El Corte Inglés, the leading department store in Spain and one of the world’s largest retailers, on its offering of €600 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes due 2024.*
- KKR in their bid to acquire Miya Water, a water concession company, from Bridgepoint (ultimately acquired by Antin).*
- Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund (MEIF 5) and its portfolio company, Empark, on the group’s issuance of €575 million Senior Secured Notes due 2028 and Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2027.*
- The initial purchasers in multiple high yield issuances, including Altice, Neptune Energy, Tullow Oil, and Aker BP.*
- A leading global asset manager in connection with its minority investments in several private companies, including (i) a developer and provider of cloud-based software to automate back-office financial operations for SMEs, (ii) a US-based online food delivery company and (iii) a farmer-to-farmer network and e-commerce platform offering online tools to assist farmers in agronomic resource management.*
*Some of these representations occurred prior to Mr. Moore’s association with Gibson Dunn.