Cason Moore is an of counsel in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions and Capital Markets practice groups.
Cason advises on a broad range of corporate transactional and advisory matters, with a focus on cross-border M&A transactions representing sponsors and their portfolio companies. He also advises both issuers and underwriters on capital markets transactions, particularly in high-yield issuances (including green bonds) and solvent debt restructurings. Cason was recognised by the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom as a leading lawyer for Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Law.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Cason was a counsel at Vinson & Elkins in London and also practiced with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in New York and London. He has also worked at the Bank of England, in-house at a leading global asset manager and as a Director at a leading W&I insurance broker.
Cason received his B.A with distinction in 2003 from the University of Virginia, where he was a Jefferson Scholar, and received his J.D. in 2007 from Columbia Law School, where he was a James Kent Scholar and the recipient of the Andrew D. Fried Memorial Prize. He is admitted to practice in New York and is a Registered Foreign Lawyer (England & Wales).
- Advised Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) P.J.S.C. and ADNOC Gas plc (ADNOC Gas) in connection with the initial public offering (IPO) of ADNOC Gas, marking the largest-ever listing on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX).
- Advised H.R.L Morrison on its acquisition of 33.3% in Lyntia Networks, one of the leading dark fibre providers in Spain.
- Advised the consortium formed by AXA IM and Swiss Life in their acquisition of Lyntia Networks, a leading wholesale operator in the Spanish telecommunications market and the only neutral provider operating both lit and dark fibre.
- Advised The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of a majority stake in Spain-based plywood manufacturer Garnica from Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) and certain shareholders.
- Advised KKR and Oslo Pensjonsforsikring in their investment in 30% of Telenor Fibre ASA, Telenor’s fibre optic business, for $1 billion.
- Advised KKR in connection with the investment, alongside OTPP, in Caruna Oy, Finland’s largest electricity distribution company.*
- Advised Helios Towers plc in the acquisition of Airtel’s passive infrastructure operating companies in Madagascar and Malawi and the potential acquisition of Airtel’s passive infrastructure assets in Chad and Gabon, together with related long term service contracts.*
- Advised KKR in the sale of European Locomotive Leasing, a leading pan-European provider of electric locomotive leasing solutions, to AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets and Crédit Agricole Assurances.*
- Advised Groupe Bruxelles Lambert, the Belgium-based investment holding company, in its acquisition of a majority stake in Webhelp, one of the world’s leading call centre operators headquartered in Paris; Deal values Webhelp at €2.4bn (enterprise value), making the acquisition both the largest LBO transaction in France in 2019 and the first for Groupe Bruxelles Lambert.*
- Advised the initial purchasers in connection with NH Hotels’ private placement offering of €400 million five year 4.00% senior notes due 2026.*
- Advised Vía Célere, the largest homebuilder in Spain and Värde Partners portfolio company, in its offering of €300 million aggregate principal amount of Senior Secured Notes due 2026 and €30 million super senior revolving credit facility. The offering represented the first green bond by a residential real estate developer in the Euro market.*
- Advised El Corte Inglés, the leading department store in Spain and one of the world’s largest retailers, in its offering of €600 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes due 2024.*
- Advised KKR in its bid to acquire Miya Water, a water concession company, from Bridgepoint (ultimately acquired by Antin).*
- Advised Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund (MEIF 5) and its portfolio company, Empark, in the group’s issuance of €575 million Senior Secured Notes due 2028 and Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2027.*
- Advised the initial purchasers in multiple high yield issuances, including Altice, Neptune Energy, Tullow Oil, and Aker BP.*
- Advised a leading global asset manager in connection with its minority investments in several private companies, including (i) a developer and provider of cloud-based software to automate back-office financial operations for SMEs, (ii) a US-based online food delivery company and (iii) a farmer-to-farmer network and e-commerce platform offering online tools to assist farmers in agronomic resource management.*
*Some of these representations occurred prior to Cason’s association with Gibson Dunn.