Enrique Okhuysen is a corporate associate in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of Gibson Dunn’s Projects and Infrastructure, Latin America, Global Finance and Power and Renewables Practice Groups.
Mr. Okhuysen’s practice focuses on infrastructure and energy projects, with substantial experience in infrastructure development and strategic transactions, including public-private partnerships, project procurement, construction contracts, project finance, and acquisitions of infrastructure assets. In these areas, Mr. Okhuysen has represented a broad variety of participants such as financing institutions, sponsors and developers.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Okhuysen was an associate at Galicia Abogados, S.C. and Creel, Garcia Cuellar, Aiza y Enriquez, S.C., both in Mexico City.
Mr. Okhuysen received his LL.M. degree from Stanford Law School in 2017. He also received an LL.B. degree (summa cum laude) from Instituto Teconologico Autonomo de Mexico (ITAM) in 2014.
Mr. Okhuysen is admitted to practice in New York and Mexico.
- Advised Meridiam Infrastructure North America Fund III, LP and its affiliated infrastructure funds, all managed by Meridiam Infrastructure North America Corporation, in connection with the amendment and extension of its $190 million senior secured revolving credit facility.
- Advised Meridiam Infrastructure North America Fund III, LP and its affiliated infrastructure funds, all managed by Meridiam Infrastructure North America Corporation, in connection with the amendment and extension of its $510 million senior secured revolving credit facility
- Advised Bridging Pennsylvania Constructors, an unincorporated Joint Venture of Shikun & Binui – America Inc. and FCC Construction, Inc. on the Design-Build Contract entered into with Bridging Pennsylvania Developer I, LLC in respect of the first package of the Major Bridge P3 program of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation to replace six bridges across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and its financing
- Advised Ardian Infrastructure in its agreement to acquire a 50% co-control equity interest in MXT Holdings (MXT), a telecommunications infrastructure company based in Mexico.
- Advised Abertis Infraestructuras, Ullico and Axiom in connection with the procurement of several new toll roads in Puerto Rico.
- Advised Inkia Energy, an energy company in Latin America controlled by I Squared Capital, on its sale of 100% of Samay I SA , owner and operator of the 724 MW Puerto Privado thermal power plant in Peru, to Grupo Romero.
- Advised Marriott International, Inc. in its acquisition of the City Express brand portfolio from Hoteles City Express, S.A.B. de C.V.
- Advised affiliate of Gramercy Funds Management LLC, as lender, in a credit facility with MNJ Capital, S.A. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R, as borrower for development and construction agreements secured by assets in Mexico.
- Advised GraMex Investment Holdings LLC, an investment vehicle managed by Gramercy Funds Management, as lender in respect of establishment of a $44.59 million credit facility to MNJ Capital, S.A. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R.
- Advised GraMex Investment Holdings LLC, an investment vehicle managed by Gramercy Funds Management LLC, as lender in respect of credit facilities to Permaducto S.A. de C.V.
- Advised Purple Line Transit Partners LLC, the concessionaire in respect of the Purple Line Light Rail Project in Maryland, in connection with the issuance of approximately $643.5 aggregate principal amount of private activity revenue bonds by the Maryland Economic Development Corporation as conduit issuer and with a subordinated TIFIA loan of up to approximately $1.760 billion (excluding capitalized interest) from the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Advised Autopistas Metropolitanas de Puerto Rico, LLC (“Metropistas”), on certain amendments to its concession agreement with the Puerto Rico Highways and Transportation Authority (“PRHTA”), under which Metropistas has a concession to operate the PR-22 and PR-5 toll roads in Puerto Rico, a new escrow agreement, and related consents from Metropistas’ senior lenders.