Daniela L. Stolman is a partner in Gibson Dunn’s Century City office and a member of the firm’s Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital Markets and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance practice groups. She advises companies and private equity firms across a wide range of industries, focusing on public and private merger transactions, stock and asset sales, and public and private capital-raising transactions. Ms. Stolman also advises public companies with respect to securities regulation and corporate governance matters, including periodic reporting and disclosure matters, Section 16, Rule 144, and insider trading. She has been named as a Rising Star by Southern California Super Lawyers since 2014. The Deal also named Ms. Stolman as a Rising Star, which recognizes new M&A partners who are “deemed by The Deal to be one of the most promising of 2019.”
Representative Transactions – Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Stone Canyon Industries LLC, a global industrial holding company, in its $850 million recapitalization of its subsidiary, SCI PH Inc., which through its subsidiaries, BWAY and Mauser, is a leading global supplier of rigid packaging products and services.
- Represented Aurora Capital Partners in its acquisition of VLS Recovery Services, LLC, a leading provider of specialty cleaning and waste processing services in the South Eastern United States.
- Represented Stone Canyon Industries LLC in its $2.3 billion acquisition of Mauser Group NV, a global supplier of rigid packaging products and services for industrial use.
- Represented Aurora Capital Partners in its disposition of Dubois Chemicals Inc., a specialty chemical company.
- Represented Group Health Cooperative, a nonprofit integrated health care delivery system, in its $1.8 billion sale to Kaiser Permanente.
- Represented Stone Canyon Industries LLC in its $2.4 billion acquisition of BWAY Corp., a manufacturer of rigid metal, plastic and hybrid containers used to package industrial, bulk food and retail goods.
- Represented Ducommun Incorporated in its sale of its subsidiary, Miltec Corporation, a provider of engineering, technical and program management services principally to the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. intelligence agencies.
- Represented Korn/Ferry International in its acquisition of Hay Group, a global leader in people strategy and organizational performance.
- Represented Doremi Labs, a digital cinema technology company, its sale to Dolby Laboratories Inc.
- Represented AECOM Technology Corporation in its $6.0 billion acquisition of URS Corporation, a provider of engineering, construction, and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world.
- Represented Aurora Capital Partners in its acquisition of National Technical Systems Inc., a leading provider of testing and engineering services.
- Represented Dole Food Company in connection with David Murdock’s $1.6 billion acquisition of outstanding stock to take the company private.
- Represented Aurora Capital Partners in its sale of ADCO Global, Inc., a leading global provider of specialty sealants, tapes and adhesives.
- Represented Dole Food Company in the sale of certain businesses to ITOCHU Corporation for approximately $1.7 billion.
- Represented K-Swiss in its sale to E.Land World, an integrated fashion and retail company.
- Represented Ducommun Incorporated in its acquisition of LaBarge Inc., a supplier of electronics manufacturing services operating across many high-growth industries.
- Represented K&F Industries Inc in its going private sale to Meggitt-USA, Inc., a subsidiary of Meggitt PLC, for approximately $1.8 billion.
Representative Transactions – Capital Markets
- Represented Douglas Dynamics, Inc. in its initial public offering and follow-on secondary offerings.
- Represented Dole Food Company in its initial public offering in 2009, valued at $446 million (the largest IPO in 2009).
- Represented AECOM in a $80 million common stock public offering and an at-the-market equity offering of up to four million shares of common stock.
- Represented Stone Canyon Industries LLC in its Rule 144A acquisition financing for the Mauser acquisition.
- Represented Ducommun Incorporated in its Rule 144A acquisition financing for the LaBarge acquisition.
Additional Representations – Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance
Ms. Stolman has represented, among others, the following clients with respect to securities regulation and/or corporate governance matters: AECOM, Dole Food Company (while a public company), Ducommun Incorporated, Fluor Corporation, General Electric Company, Herbalife, HP Inc., Korn/Ferry International, K-Swiss (while a public company), Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation, Moody’s Corporation, Neustar, Tiffany & Company, and The Clorox Company.
Ms. Stolman has authored publications and client memoranda on a variety of securities law related matters.
- “Building a Better Insider Trading Compliance Program”
- “SEC Staff Issues Updated Interpretive Guidance on Rule 10b5-1 Plans”
- “Highlights from the 44th Annual San Diego Securities Regulation Institute” (2016)
- “Highlights from the 43rd Annual San Diego Securities Regulation Institute” (2015)
Ms. Stolman received her law degree in 2006 from the University of Southern California Law School, where she was elected to the Order of the Coif and was a Senior Editor of the Southern California Law Review. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and economics, magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania in 2002.
Ms. Stolman is admitted to practice law in the State of California.