Rebecca West is an English qualified lawyer and associate in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. She is a member of the firm’s Global Finance and Transportation and Space practice groups.
Rebecca practices banking and finance law and has experience in global asset finance, focused on aircraft financing and leasing.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Rebecca was an associate in the Global Asset Finance Group of Clifford Chance LLP. Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, she completed client secondments with Avolon Aerospace Leasing Limited, CDB Aviation and GECAS/AerCap (the combination of the latter creating the largest aircraft lessor with a balance sheet of more than $70 billion).
Rebecca has also spent time within the New York offices of Clifford Chance LLP working on various asset backed securitisations and New York law financing and leasing transactions.
- Sculptor Asset Management on its LUNAR 2020-1 asset backed securitization, whereby the issuer issued $325.8 million of notes backed by multiple aircraft based in various jurisdictions.
- Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure Investors LLC on various leasing transactions.
- GE Capital, the financial services arm of GE, on the sale of the appx $4 billion PK AirFinance aviation lending business to Apollo Global Management and Athene Holding Ltd.
- GECAS, in relation to an ECA financing for over thirty new Airbus aircraft.
- The world’s largest regional aircraft lessor, on the successful scheme of arrangement in respect of approximately $6bn of its secured and unsecured debt.
- BBAM, in relation to its latest enhanced equipment trust certificates backed by various Delta aircraft.
- KDAC Aviation Finance (Cayman) Limited, KDAC Aviation Finance (USA) LLC and DVB Bank SE, London Branch on an issuance of US$722.5 million of fixed rate secured notes. The proceeds from the issuance of the Notes were used by KDAC to acquire a portfolio of 36 Airbus and Boeing aircraft.
- Large international syndicates on numerous secured portfolio aircraft financings.
- Various banks in relation to a series of JOLCO transactions.
- Aircraft leasing companies in relation to the drafting and negotiation of various operating and financing lease agreements.
- Various lenders and lessors in relation to the restructuring of multiple loan and lease agreements as a result of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
*Includes representations made by Rebecca prior to her association with Gibson Dunn.