Aaron F. Adams is a partner in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. Mr. Adams is Co-Chair of Gibson Dunn’s Global Finance Practice Group. He represents borrowers and lenders in connection with senior credit facilities, note offerings, mezzanine financings, asset-based financings and other banking and credit matters.
Mr. Adams is ranked nationally as a leading Banking & Finance lawyer by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business and has also been recognized by IFLR1000. Chambers notes that Mr. Adams is “top-notch,” “is on top of all the latest developments in the market, and is focused, diligent and inspires confidence,” and adds that “he works incredibly well with management teams in explaining complex debt structuring issues.”
Mr. Adams earned his Juris Doctor in 2000 from the Boston University School of Law, where he was a member of the Boston University Law Review. He received a Master of Arts degree from The University of Chicago in 1996 and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy with honors from Swarthmore College in 1994. Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Adams was an associate in the New York office of Cravath, Swaine & Moore from 2000 to 2006.
Mr. Adams is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
Representative Clients and Transactions
Private Equity Representations
- L Catterton: Representation of L Catterton in connection with numerous portfolio company financings, including the recent take-private of Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group and acquisition financings for Clear Choice Dental Holdings, Ferrara Candy, John Hardy, Noodles & Company, Patient Point and Uncle Julio’s.
- CVC Capital Partners: Representation of CVC Capital Partners in connection with acquisition financings for Alix Partners and Petco.
- Evergreen Coast Capital Partners: Representation of Evergreen Coast Capital Partners in connection with financing for the take privates of Gigamon, athenahealth and Travelport and financings for portfolio company ASG Technologies.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA): Representation of MIRA in connection with the acquisition financing for Tunnel Hill Partners.
- Liberty Hall: Representation of Liberty Hall in connection with financings for Bromford Aerospace, AIM Aerospace, Onboard Systems and Accrofab.
- Aurora Capital Partners: Representation of Aurora in connection with the acquisition financing for Inhance Technologies and Petroleum Service Corporation.
- ATL Partners: Representation of ATL in connection with the acquisition financing for Valence Surface Technologies.
- Littlejohn & Co.: Representation of Littlejohn & Co. in connection with acquisition financings for Cornerstone Chemical and Northwest Hardwoods.
- Center Oak Partners: Representation of Center Oak Partners in connection with acquisition financings for Cascade Windows, Full Speed Automotive and Wetzel’s Pretzels.
- Investcorp: Representation of Investcorp in connection with numerous financings for portfolio company U.S. TelePacific Corp.
- J.H. Whitney & Co.: Representation of J.H. Whitney & Co. in connection with acquisition financings for Accupac and C.J. Foods.
- TPG Growth: Representation of TPG Growth in connection with the acquisition financing for Q-Centrix and financings for portfolio company Fender Musical Instruments.
Public Company Representations
- Callaway Golf Company: Representation of Callaway in connection with the financing for its acquisition of Jack Wolfskin.
- CACI International Inc.: Representation of CACI in connection with the financing for its acquisition of LGS Innovations.
- Marriott International: Representation of Marriott in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
- St. Jude Medical: Representation of St. Jude in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Thoratec.
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation: Representation of Tenet in connection with all of its financing matters, including multi-billion dollar financings for its acquisitions of United Surgical Partners and Vanguard Health Systems.
- Vail Resorts: Representation of Vail in connection with all of its financing matters, including financing for its acquisition of Whistler Blackcomb and its take private acquisition of Peak Resorts.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries: Representation of Huntington Ingalls in connection with its leveraged spin-off from Northrop Grumman and subsequent financings.
- Xylem: Representation of Xylem in connection with a multi-billion dollar financing package for its acquisition of Sensus.
- Zayo Group: Representation of Zayo in connection with all of its financing matters, including multi-billion dollar financings for its acquisitions of AboveNet, Electric Lightwave, Allstream, Latisys, Fiberlink and 360networks.
Private Company Representations
- Chobani: Representation of Chobani in connection with its first ever term loan B and high yield financings.
- YES Network: Representation of YES in connection with its $1.6 billion credit facility.