Silke Beiter is an of counsel in the Munich office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. She is a member of the firm’s Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance, Capital Markets and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups.
Ms. Beiter focuses on corporate law matters, in particular advising public and private companies and their shareholders with regard to shareholders’ meetings, corporate governance and corporate structural measures. She also advises on capital market law issues, in particular transparency obligations and insider law, as well as on private and public M&A transactions.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Ms. Beiter was a corporate counsel in the Munich office of a renowned UK law firm.
Ms. Beiter is fluent in German and English.
- in connection with the preparation and execution of annual shareholders’ meetings, e.g. Daimler, Vonovia, Wirecard, Wacker Chemie, Siltronic, Kabel Deutschland, 4SC, windeln.de, Centrotec Sustainable, etc.
- on corporate law issues, especially on corporate governance, directors’ and officers’ duties and corporate matters , e.g. Daimler, Wirecard, Wacker Chemie, Nestlé, 4SC, Centrotec Sustainable, windeln.de, Siltronic, Bosch Siemens Hausgeräte, SCA/Essity
- in connection with structural measures and subsequent shareholder lawsuits/judicial review, including SCA Hygiene Products/Essity (squeeze-out); Cinven/Heidelberger Lebensversicherung (squeeze-out ); Daimler/Tognum (takeover squeeze-out, control and profit transfer agreement); UniCredit/HVB (squeeze-out); Computershare/VEM Aktienbank (domination agreement, delisting and squeeze-out)
- on corporate law and corporate governance issues in preparation of IPOs, including Siltronic, windeln.de, Kabel Deutschland
- on capital market law issues, such as transparency obligations and insider law, capital measures and share buyback programs, e.g. Daimler, Wirecard, Wacker Chemie, Centrotec Sustainable, windeln.de, 4SC and Gagfah
- on public M&A transactions, including Daimler on the takeover of Tognum; Vonovia on the share-for-share offer for Deutsche Wohnen; MorphoSys on the investment by Celgene; AREVA on the takeover offer for REpower; Computershare on the takeover of VEM; 4SC on the takeover by Santo
* Includes experience prior to joining Gibson Dunn