Ashley Cywicki is an associate based in the UAE offices of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where he currently practices in the firm’s Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions practice group.
Ashley’s practice focuses on corporate M&A transactions (both public and private) and joint ventures, including in the conventional energy, renewable energy, specialty chemicals, banking and healthcare sectors.
Ashley received his law degree (LLB) from the University of Western Australia and is admitted to practice in Western Australia.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Ashley was a senior associate at a Magic Circle law firm, having spent time in their Perth, Dubai and London offices. Ashley has also completed a secondment to the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) where he focused on downstream projects.
M&A and ECM
- NEOM in connection with the drafting of founding laws for special economic zones to be established in Saudi Arabia.
- A client on the development of an ammonia production plant, including shareholders’ arrangements.
- ADNOC, Borealis AG and Borouge plc in connection with the $2 billion initial public offering of Borouge. This was the largest-ever listing on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) at the time.
- A multinational consumer goods company on the proposed sale of a portfolio of beauty and personal care products to PE buyers by way of auction process.
- NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT on the sale of certain operating businesses of NMC Healthcare Ltd to three separate buyers.
- Avolon Aerospace Leasing Limited on an investment in Vertical Aerospace Ltd. (an electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL) maker to be listed on the NYSE following a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) merger) by way of a private investment in public equity (PIPE) and through an issuance of warrants.
- A UAE sovereign wealth fund on its proposed acquisition of a minority stake in two greenfield offshore windfarm projects in the UK.
- A leading UAE developer on the proposed sale of its district cooling assets by way of an auction process.
- A UAE sovereign wealth fund on its investment in a €230 million managed co-investment partnership dedicated to building a large scale, sustainable heat network platform in the Netherlands.
- An international bank on the corporate reorganisation of one if its financing entities, including the sale of an existing shareholder’s 20 per cent. shareholding interest in that entity.
- A UAE sovereign wealth fund on the sell down of a 30% interest in, and shareholders’ arrangements for, a 200MW solar PV project in Jordan (by way of auction process).
- Abu Dhabi Investment Company and four other shareholders on the sale of their interests in the Queen Alia International Airport in Jordan by way of a sale of their respective shareholding interests in Airport International Group P.S.C.
- Port & Free Zone World (a wholly owned subsidiary of Dubai World) on its US$2.7bn cash offer to take DP World PLC private.
- Boubyan Bank K.S.C.P. on its all cash offer for the entire issued and to be issued ordinary share capital of BLME Holdings plc by way of a contractual takeover offer governed by both the London City Code on Takeovers and Mergers and the Dubai Financial Services Authority’s takeover rules.
- Sahara Petrochemicals Company on its US$2.15 billion business merger with Saudi International Petrochemical Company, being the first exchange takeover offer in Saudi Arabia under its new M&A regulations.
- Saudi British Bank on its US$5 billion merger with Alawwal Bank, being the first ever statutory merger in Saudi Arabia.
- An Omani bank on a potential merger with another Omani bank under the Omani Commercial Companies Law.
- UAE sovereign wealth fund on its consortium involvement (together with another local sponsor) in a local government holding company shareholders’ agreement and project company shareholders’ agreement in connection with an IPP in the Emirate of Fujairah.
- UAE sovereign wealth fund on its consortium involvement (together with two other consortium members) in a project company shareholders’ agreement and O&M company shareholders’ agreement in connection with an IWP in the Emirate of Umm Al Quwain.
- UAE sovereign wealth fund on its consortium involvement (together with another local sponsor) in a local government holding company shareholders’ agreement and project company shareholders’ agreement in connection with an IWP in Abu Dhabi.
- A consortium on the shareholders’ arrangements in connection with a greenfield independent seawater desalination plant in Ar Rayyis, Saudi Arabia.
- Marubeni Corporation, Acciona Agua S.A., Abdul Latif Jameel Commercial Development Company Limited, and Rawafid Alhadarah Holding Co. on the shareholders’ arrangements in connection with a reverse osmosis Shuqaiq 3 Independent Water Project in Saudi Arabia.
- Two UAE sovereign wealth fund entities on the shareholders’ arrangements in connection with the development and operations of a 9 MIGD reserve osmosis plant and captive power plant in Dubai.
- A Saudi industrials company on its shareholders’ arrangements in connection with its investment in a yellow phosphorous, phosphorus trichloride and thermal phosphoric acid plant in Saudi Arabia.
*Includes representations prior to Ashley’s association with Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.