Irina Dykhne is an associate in the Century City office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where she practices in the firm’s Corporate Department. Her practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments, restructuring transactions and general corporate governance. She works with companies in a broad array of industries, and has extensive experience working with media, entertainment, music, technology and gaming companies and private equity sponsors. Irina is a member of the firm’s Media, Entertainment and Technology, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Technology Transactions practice groups.
Irina received her law degree from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law where she graduated Order of the Coif and earned a certificate in entertainment law. During law school, she served as Executive Senior Editor of the Southern California Law Review. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Comparative Literature from Northwestern University. Prior to attending law school, Irina worked in film and television development and production.
- Hybe Co., Ltd. (formerly Big Hit Entertainment) in its ∼ $1 billion acquisition of Ithaca Holdings, a diversified media company founded by Scooter Braun.
- Confidential acquisition of rights to a major recording artist’s solo musical compositions, sound recordings and other IP assets and revenue streams.
- North Road Co. in its formation and $150 million investment by Providence Equity.
- Guggenheim Partners in its investment in SpringHill Entertainment, a media company founded by LeBron James.
- Viacom in its acquisition of Pluto TV for $340 million.
- The Agency, a California-based global luxury real estate brokerage, in its acquisition of Triplemint, a New York-based online real estate brokerage.
- Guggenheim Partners and Temasek Holdings, a Singaporean sovereign wealth fund, in their acquisition of Eastdil Secured, LLC for $450 million from Wells Fargo.
- Aristocrat Leisure, an Australian based global gaming content and technology company in numerous investments in the gaming industry including a financing in Simplebet, a digital sports-betting start-up.
- BSB Brown-Sugar Bourbon in its engagement of Jamie Foxx as a celebrity brand ambassador and investor.
- WES Brands, LLC in the formation of a joint venture and engagement of Mark Wahlberg as a celebrity brand ambassador of Flecha Azul Tequila.
- Marc Rowan, co-founder of Apollo Global Management, in the formation of a film financing and production joint venture with producer Michael Mendelsohn.
- Marginal MediaWorks, a film and television production company, in a convertible note financing round led by Tim Disney and subsequent asset purchase of Fresno, a digital start-up.
- Cresco Labs, a publicly traded cannabis company, in its acquisition of Laurel Harvest Labs LLC.
- Vance Street Capital LLC in various transactions including its sale of its portfolio company, A&E Medical Corp., to Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. for $230 million and its acquisition of Wytech Industries for $108 million.
- Colony Capital Inc. in its acquisition of secondary equity interests in DataBank Holdings Ltd. for $185 million.
* Includes representations prior to Irina’s association with Gibson Dunn.