Michelle M. Gourley is a Partner in the Orange County office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and is a member of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice Groups.
Ms. Gourley is a corporate transactional lawyer whose experience includes advising both strategic companies and private equity clients (including their portfolio companies) in connection with public and private merger transactions, stock and asset sales, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, and other complex corporate transactions. Ms. Gourley works with clients across a wide range of industries, and has extensive experience working with life sciences companies (pharma and medical device) and media, technology and entertainment companies.
- Represented an international security company in the disposition of one of its divisions across seven countries
- Represented a European manufacturer of medical devices in a series of investments in the U.S.
- Represented a European plastics manufacturer in the acquisition of two operating companies in the U.S.
- Represented a U.S.-based manufacturer of pharmaceutical products in matters ranging from an acquisition of new product lines to day-to-day commercial transactions with suppliers and distributors
- Represented a private equity group in multiple acquisitions, and the related investor group and mezzanine and senior debt financing, across the Midwest, California and Texas in various industries, including three tank manufacturing companies and a professional services provider
- Represented a private equity group in multiple acquisitions, and the related investor group and mezzanine and senior debt financing, across the U.S. in industries in various industries, including repair services and software distribution
- Represented a European software company in the acquisition of a U.S.-based software provider
- Represented the owner of a manufacturer seller and distributor of protein-based food products company in the disposition of the issued and outstanding equity of the company to a foreign acquirer
Ms. Gourley graduated, magna cum laude, from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University (J.D., 2007). Ms. Gourley earned her undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University (B.A., French, political science, 2004). Ms. Gourley is an active member of the firmwide Diversity Committee.
Ms. Gourley is admitted to practice in California.