Zachariah Humleker is a senior staff attorney in Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher’s Washington, DC office. Mr. Humleker practices in the firm’s Litigation Department and is a member of the White Collar Defense and Investigations and the Electronic Discovery and Information Law Practice Groups.
Mr. Humleker has defended corporate clients and individuals in investigations brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice, the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board and other federal and regulatory agencies. He has significant experience representing clients in complex class action matters and proceedings before arbitration panels. Mr. Humleker frequently advises clients regarding all aspects of the e-discovery life cycle. He has successfully represented clients in hearings conducted by U.S. Senate and House of Representatives committees, and has prepared numerous CEOs and top executives for testimony for committee hearings and interviews.
- Represented several pharmaceutical companies in investigations by the Senate Aging Committee and the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations into increases in drug pricing;
- Represented health insurance company, multiple government contractors, and a non-profit entity in House and Senate investigations relating to the Affordable Care Act;
- Represented Big 4 accounting firm in an investigation by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations into alleged offshore tax evasion. This investigation culminated in a hearing at which our client successfully defended its actions resulting in no follow-up by the Subcommittee and avoiding negative press coverage and reputational damage;
- Represented automaker in connection with potential congressional and executive branch investigations relating to emissions controls;
- Represented Member of Congress in Office of Congressional Ethics’ and House Ethics Committee’s inquiries into alleged insider trading. The Office of Congressional Ethics unanimously recommended that the allegations concerning the Member of Congress be dismissed;
- Represented several companies in investigation by Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee of career colleges;
- Prepared Cabinet Secretary nominee for confirmation hearing before the Senate;
- Represented the Audit Committee of an educational services company before the DOJ and SEC in an FCPA investigation in Europe;
- Represented a national REIT in a breach of contract arbitration that resulted in an award of only $1 in nominal damages for several multi-million dollar breach claims;
- Represented various insurance companies in more than a dozen putative class actions arising out of Hurricane KatrinaMr. Humleker is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the District of Columbia, as well as before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Mr. Humleker received a Juris Doctorate from the University of Richmond School of Law in 1997, where he was a member of the T.C. Williams Moot Court Board. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Virginia in 1994.