Frederick Lee is a partner in the Dallas office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He focuses on advising special situations investors, other alternative capital sources, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on financing transactions.
Frederick has extensive experience representing alternative capital sources in connection with loan originations and distressed investments and private equity sponsors, portfolio companies and other borrowers in connection with leveraged buyouts and corporate finance transactions. He also has extensive experience with restructuring the balance sheet of overleveraged companies. He routinely advises on out-of-court restructurings including exchange offers and debt workouts. In addition, Frederick performs risk arbitrage analysis for special situations investors as they assess potential credit investments.
- Represented secured bond holders of Hexion in connection with committed exit financing relating to pre-arranged Chapter 11 plan.
- Represented bondholders of Weatherford International in connection with debtor in possession financing and committed exit financing relating to pre-arranged Chapter 11 plan.
- Advised second lien lender group in connection with out-of-court restructuring of $290 million first lien facility and $135 million second lien facility for an industrial supply distribution company, involving partial equitization of second lien debt.
- Represented lenders in connection with $90 million debtor in possession financing provided to a mining company.
Direct Lending/Alternative Capital Transactions
- Represented the sole lender in connection with a $550 million senior secured term loan financing to HCR Manorcare.
- Represented Vista Credit Partners in connection with a $175million senior secured term loan to Meltwater in connection with its global recapitalization.
- Represented credit fund in connection with a $150 million senior secured term loan to data and software company.
- Represented lenders in connection with a $50 million secured term loan to Petroquest Energy, L.L.C.
Private Equity and Portfolio Companies
- Advised a private equity fund in connection with a $500 million senior secured credit facility to finance its acquisition of a publicly traded military contractor.
- Counseled a marketing services portfolio company of a private equity fund in connection with a $1.4 billion first lien credit facility.
- Acted for a global logistics portfolio company of a private equity fund in connection with a $1.3 billion senior secured credit facility.
- Acted for Centerpoint Energy, Inc. in connection with $5 billion bridge commitment to support contemplated acquisition of Vectren Corporation.
Frederick received his law degree from Yale Law School in 2004 and a Bachelor of Arts from Yale University in 1999.
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP