Huw Thomas is an English qualified associate based in the Dubai office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, where he currently practices in the firm’s Corporate Department.
Mr. Thomas has experience advising clients on a wide range of corporate matters across multiple jurisdictions, including those relating to public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity issues, initial public offerings, corporate restructuring and other general corporate advisory matters.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Thomas was a corporate associate based in the Dubai office of a Magic Circle law firm.
Mr Thomas’ experience includes advising*:
- TP ICAP on its redomiciliation to Jersey by way of introducing a new Jersey holding company through a UK scheme of arrangement.
- Energais de Portugal (EDP) on its EUR1.02bn rights issue to part fund its acquisition of a majority interest in Viesgo, a Spanish electricity company (Underwriters’ counsel).
- Network International Holdings plc, the leading enabler of digital commerce across the Middle East and Africa, on its placing of ordinary shares in connection with its acquisition of DPO Group, a major African E-commerce platform and payments provider, for a total consideration of USD288 million (Issuer’s counsel).
- TT Electronics on its GBP20m 6.1% cash placing of new ordinary shares on the main market of the London Stock Exchange (Issuer’s counsel).
- The Gym Group on its GBP41m placing of new ordinary shares by way of an accelerated bookbuild (Issuer’s counsel).
- Checkout.com on its investment in KSA-based fintech firm Tamara.
- Tawazun Strategic Development Fund on its acquisition of a 49.9% stake in VR-Technologies from Russian Helicopters JSC.
- On the initial public offering and listing of Al Yah Satellite Communications Company PJSC on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (Issuer’s counsel).
- On the initial public offering and listing of Borouge plc on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (Underwriters’ counsel).
- On the corporate restructuring, initial public offering and listing of TECOM Group (owner, manager and operator of 10 strategic, sector-focused business districts across Dubai) on the Dubai Financial Market (Issuer’s counsel).
*Includes experience prior to joining Gibson Dunn.