Matthew B. Dubeck is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where he practices in the firm's Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance Practice Groups. He advises companies, private equity firms and investment banks across a wide range of industries, focusing on public and private merger transactions, stock and asset sales and joint ventures and strategic partnerships. Mr. Dubeck also advises public companies with respect to certain corporate governance matters.
- Represented Moelis & Company, as financial advisor to Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings Inc. in its $458 million sale of outdoor advertising assets to Lamar Advertising Co.
- Represented Lexington Precision Corp., a supplier of highly engineered molded rubber components to the medical, automotive and industrial industries, in its sale to Industrial Growth Partners.
- Represented Aurora Capital Group, in its acquisition and subsequent merger of RecoverCare, LLC and MedaSTAT, LLC, each leading national distributors of medical equipment under Medicare/Medicaid.
- Represented RecoverCare, a leading national distributor of medical equipment under Medicare/Medicaid, in its merger of equals with Joerns Healthcare.
- Represented Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., a Japanese developer and manufacturer of performance materials, petro and basic chemicals and functional polymeric materials, in its acquisition of Silvue Technologies Group, Inc., a developer and manufacturer of proprietary, high-performance coating systems.
- Represented Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, a Japanese provider of scientific and industrial instruments, in its proposed restructuring and divestiture of certain business divisions.
- Represented the California Science Center Foundation in its acquisition, transportation and display of the Space Shuttle Endeavour.
- Represented STR Holdings, a worldwide leader in solar panel encapsulation, in its sale of its quality assurance business to Underwriters Laboratories.
- Represented Pan American Financial, in its take-private acquisition of United PanAm Financial Corp., a subprime auto financing company.
- Represented Vivendi, in the sale and redemption of its majority stake in Activision Blizzard.
- Represented Atmos Energy Corp. in the sale of its natural gas distribution operations in Illinois, Iowa and Missouri to Liberty Utilities.
- Represented A. H. Belo Corporation in its sale of substantially all of the assets of the Press-Enterprise newspaper to Freedom Communications Holdings, Inc.
- Represented A. H. Belo Corporation in its sale of substantially all of the assets of
The Providence Journal newspaper to an affiliate of New Media Investment Group, Inc.
- Represented ADCO Global, Inc., a leading global provider of specialty sealants, tapes and adhesives, in its sale to an affiliate of Arsenal Capital Partners.
- Represented Aurora Capital Group, in its acquisition of DuBois Chemicals, a leading provider of customized chemical solutions and services.
- Represented Aurora Capital Group in its acquisition and management of TOPS Parking, a leading owner of off-site airport parking facilities.
- Represented Platinum Equity and The Gores Group, in their acquisition and subsequent disposition of Alliance Entertainment, a retail entertainment distribution company.
- Represented Alliance Entertainment, a retail entertainment distribution company, in its acquisition of EDGE Entertainment Distribution.
- Represented J. H. Whitney & Co. and Irving Place Capital, in their acquisition of CAbi, a designer of ready-to-wear women's apparel sold through a network of consultants and in-home parties.
- Represented Mitchell International, a provider of management solutions to the property and casualty claims and collision repair industries, in its acquisition of the workers compensation medical cost containment business of Fair Isaac Corporation.
- Represented Mitchell International, a provider of management solutions to the property and casualty claims and collision repair industries, in its acquisition of Scene Genesis.
- Represented Actimize, a provider of financial crime prevention, compliance and risk management products, in its acquisition of ATM and debit card fraud protection technology from BasePoint.
- Represented Evercore Capital Partners, in its sale of Alliantgroup, a provider of tax consulting services.
- Represented OnX Enterprise Solutions, in its acquisition of the Technology Solutions Group of Agilysys, a leading provider of data center focused IT solutions to enterprise customers.
- Represented Prudential Real Estate Financial Services, in its sale of Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors to an affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway.
- Represented Klingbeil Capital Management, in its contribution of multiple self-storage facilities to a publicly-traded REIT in exchange for operating partnership units.
- Represented FelCor Lodging Trust, in a complex restructuring of its corporate organization in connection with a hotel joint venture.
- Represented a joint venture of Urban Partners and AREA Property Partners in its acquisitions of Harbor Properties, Inc. and related assets and entities.
- Represented Air Lease Corporation in its initial capital infusion of over $1 billion via a 144A offering.
- Represented the following clients with respect to corporate governance matters: Alcoa, Allstate, Amazon.com, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Capital One Financial, Chevron, Citigroup, Dow Chemical, EMC, Exelon, ExxonMobil, Fluor, General Electric, H.J. Heinz, Intel, International Paper, Johnson & Johnson, J.P. Morgan Chase, Kraft Foods, Marriott International, McGraw Hill, MeadWestvaco, Pfizer, Pitney Bowes, Qwest Communications International, Time Warner, Union Pacific, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals.
In 2017, Mr. Dubeck was recognized by
Law360 as a Rising Star in the area of Private Equity. Prior to joining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Mr. Dubeck was an associate with Hogan & Hartson in Washington, D.C. He was a judicial clerk for Judge Julia Smith Gibbons of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and a judicial intern for Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Mr. Dubeck received his law degree,
magna cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center in 2005, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif and served as Managing Editor of the
Tax Lawyer. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science,
cum laude with distinction, from Yale University in 2001. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Dubeck was a Program Manager with Microsoft Corporation, where he designed search engines and natural user interfaces.