Robert B. Little is a partner in Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's Dallas office. He is a member of the firm's Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital Markets, Energy and Infrastructure, Private Equity, Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance, Global Finance, and Corporate Transactions practice groups. Mr. Little serves on the Gibson Dunn Hiring Committee and is the hiring partner for the Dallas office.
Consistently recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America®, Mr. Little's practice focuses on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, joint ventures, investments in public and private entities, and commercial transactions. He also advises business organizations regarding matters such as securities law disclosure, corporate governance, and fiduciary obligations. In addition, he represents investment funds and their sponsors along with investors in such funds. Mr. Little has represented clients in a variety of industries, including energy, retail, technology, transportation, manufacturing, and financial services.
In 2013, Mr. Little was the youngest corporate M&A lawyer in Texas to receive a ranking by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. Chambers noted that Mr. Little "attracted a raft of glowing comments, with one interviewee noting: 'He is very personable and one of the best lawyers in negotiations at keeping the relationship with the other side good. He is a fantastic lawyer with great commercial and interpersonal skills.'" Chambers 2014 observed that he has a "remarkable grasp of legal issues" and "provides outstanding legal work." The 2015 edition noted that he "receives extensive praise from clients and peers who describe him as 'extremely thorough and very knowledgeable.'" In 2016, Chambers observed that clients praise him for being "strategic, super-responsive [and] a fast learner of industries” and having “an excellent approach to complex and highly contested negotiations.”
Texas Lawyer named Mr. Little to its 2013 list of "Legal Leaders on the Rise" recognizing Texas lawyers under age 40 whose accomplishments distinguish them from their peers. In addition, Dallas Business Journal named Mr. Little to its list of Who's Who in Energy 2013, featuring "the movers and shakers of the energy industry."
Mr. Little received his law degree in 1998 with highest honors from The University of Texas School of Law, where he was named a Chancellor and a member of Order of the Coif and served as Articles Editor of the Texas Law Review. He also holds a B.A. from Baylor University, where he graduated summa cum laude in 1995. He previously served as a law clerk to The Honorable Patrick Higginbotham of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Counsel to Luminant Holdings in its acquisition of natural gas generation facilities from NextEra Energy for approximately $1.3 billion
- Counsel to CenterOak Partners LLC in its acquisition of Cascade Windows
- Counsel to Topgolf International, Inc. in its acquisitions of World Golf Tour, Inc. and Protracer AB
- Counsel to Topgolf International, Inc. in its sale of preferred stock to Providence Equity Partners
- Counsel to Tenet Healthcare Corporation in multiple joint venture transactions
- Counsel to Energy Future Intermediate Holding Company LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings Corp. (f/k/a TXU Corp.), in its Chapter 11 post-petition debtor-in-possession capital markets financing transactions
- Counsel to Berkshire Hathaway Energy in its acquisition of publicly-traded NV Energy, Inc. for $10 billion
- Counsel to Berkshire Hathaway Energy in its acquisition of a Texas wind power project
- Counsel to MetroPCS in its $32 billion combination with a U.S. mobile phone carrier
- Counsel to Carlson Capital in its acquisition of a majority equity position in SWK Holdings Corp.
- Counsel to American Airlines, Inc. in its multi-billion dollar acquisition of 260 aircraft from Airbus S.A.S.
- Counsel to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and TPG Capital in connection with their $45 billion acquisition of TXU Corp. (co-counsel)
- Counsel to Energy Future Holdings Corp. (f/k/a TXU Corp.) in its liability management transactions, including private and registered exchange offers totaling over $10 billion
- Counsel to Woodbine Holdings, an E&P company, in its sale to a Chinese buyer for approximately $560 million
- Counsel to Anchorage Capital Group in its secured notes and warrants investment in Woodbine Acquisition Corporation, an E&P company
- Counsel to Haggar Corp., a publicly held apparel company, in its sale to a group of private equity firms
- Counsel to Luminant Generation Company in its joint venture with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. to construct two additional nuclear power generating units at Luminant's Comanche Peak facility
- Counsel to Pioneer Natural Resources Company in its strategic acquisition of Evergreen Resources, Inc. in a stock and cash transaction valued at approximately $2.1 billion
- Counsel to Wayzata Investment Partners LLC in its acquisition of power generation assets at the Gila River Power Station in Maricopa County, Arizona, from Entegra Power Group LLC
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP