December 2, 2020
Law360 named Gibson Dunn a Firm of the Year for 2020 in its November 30, 2020 article “The Firms That Dominated in 2020,” featuring eight firms that received the most Practice Group of the Year awards. The publication noted that its Firms of the Year are honored “for guiding landmark deals, scoring victories in high-profile disputes and helping companies navigate uncharted legal seas made rough by the coronavirus pandemic.”
The firm was named a Practice Group of the Year in the following categories:
- Appellate [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Appellate and Constitutional Law Practice Group’s lawyers participate in appeals in all 13 federal courts of appeals and state appellate courts throughout the United States and have presented arguments in front of the Supreme Court of the United States more than 100 times.
- Employment [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Labor and Employment Practice Group covers a complete range of matters, and we are known for our unsurpassed ability to help the world’s preeminent companies tackle their most challenging labor and employment matters. Our practice covers the full range of labor and employment matters, including wage and hour class actions; employment discrimination class actions; whistleblower litigation; non-compete agreements and trade secrets; appeals, post-trial briefings and litigation management; labor-management relations; ERISA and employee benefits; and occupational safety and health issues.
- Energy [PDF] – Our Energy Practice Group has a wide array of experience across all parts of the energy sector – from traditional sources of energy such as oil and gas and electric utilities to renewable forms such as solar and wind. The firm has handled energy-related matters involving numerous practice areas, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; debt and project finance; capital markets; joint ventures; fund formation; project and infrastructure development; dispute resolution; commercial arrangements; and all manners of energy-related regulatory and antitrust issues.
- Life Sciences [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Life Sciences Practice Group represents and advises innovative biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies on a wide range of legal, regulatory and strategic issues, including patent and product liability litigation, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) investigations and enforcement actions, and corporate transactions and financings. Many Gibson Dunn lawyers hold advanced scientific degrees and have hands-on experience working in life sciences companies or within the government agencies that regulate the industry.
- Media & Entertainment – Gibson Dunn’s Media, Entertainment and Technology Group represents both established and emerging media, entertainment and technology companies and handle our clients’ most important and complex corporate and intellectual property transactions, litigation, antitrust, internal investigations and other legal challenges. Our litigators are well-known for their decades of experience in handling the full array of media and entertainment-related matters, including accounting, contract and profit participation disputes and enforcing film and television distribution agreements.
- Trials [PDF] – Acclaimed as a litigation powerhouse, Gibson Dunn has a long record of outstanding successes. The members of our Litigation Practice Group are not just litigators, they are first-rate trial lawyers who have tried cases and argued appeals before the U.S. Supreme Court and state supreme courts in addition to federal and state courts across the United States involving almost every foreseeable area of controversy.