Ruben Almaraz Bautista is an associate in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and member of Gibson Dunn’s Projects and Infrastructure, Latin America, Global Finance and Power and Renewables Practice Group.
Her practice focuses on infrastructure and energy projects both in the United States and in Latin America. Ruben has substantial experience in infrastructure development and strategic transactions, including public-private partnerships, public procurement, construction contracts, project bonds, project finance and TIFIA loan financings. He also has experience in financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, spinoffs, divestitures and joint ventures for infrastructure assets in the United States and in Latin America.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Ruben was an associate at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP in New York, and at Dentons Lopez-Velarde, in Mexico City.
He received his LL.M. degree on International Business Transactions from New York University School of Law in 2014. He also received an LL.B. degree from ITESM Campus Ciudad de Mexico in 2005.
Ruben is admitted to practice in the State of New York and in Mexico.
- Representation of Olivia Holdings, LLC, a subsidiary of Macquarie Infrastructure Partners IV, L.P., in $625 million financing for the acquisition of LBCT LLC, from OOCL LLC and Long Beach Container Terminal, Inc., subsidiaries of Orient Overseas Container Line Ltd. (OOCL), for a purchase price of $1.78 billion. LBCT LLC is the operator of the Long Beach Container Terminal in Long Beach, California, the only fully-automated shipping terminal facility in North America.
- Representation of Prumo Participações e Investimentos S.A. a wholly-owned subsidiary of Prumo Logistica, in its issuance of U.S.$57,000,000 Senior Secured Series 4 Notes due September 30, 2022.
- Representation of RFM Conrac Investor, LLC, an investment vehicle of Related Fund Management, in its equity investment in Conrac Solutions for the construction, financing, development, operation and maintenance of a Consolidated Rent-A-Car facility for Newark Liberty International Airport. Conrac Solutions closed $500 million worth of financing for a new 2.7 million-square-foot facility with 2,925 public parking spaces and 3,380 rental car spaces to support 10 rent-a-car brands.
- Representation of SB Energy Global, an arm of SoftBank Group, in a $300 million financing for the development of solar projects totaling 1.7 gigawatts in capacity.
- Representation of Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in the acquisition of Maher Terminals USA, a 454-acre multi-user container terminal in Port Elizabeth, New Jersey from Deutsche Bank, and in related senior credit facilities to finance, in part, the acquisition.
- Representation of Autopistas Metropolitanas de Puerto Rico LLC, operator of the PR-22 toll road project in Puerto Rico, in the refinancing of its existing term loan facility with two separate private placements of senior secured notes, various amendments to its letter of credit facility, a class action litigation defense in relation to tolling practices, and various other matters.
- Representation of Cintra Global and Meridiam Infrastructure as equity sponsors of I-66 Express Mobility Partners LLC in respect of the winning proposal to develop the Transform 66 P3 Project in Virginia and financing transactions (private activity bonds and a TIFIA loan) in connection with achieving financial close in respect of the project.
- Representation of toll-road operator Red de Carreteras de Occidente (RCO) in a MXN 2bn (USD 105m) loan from Santander for capital expenditure and expansion works for its FARAC I project.
- Representation of West Street Infrastructure Partners III, an infrastructure investment vehicle managed by Goldman Sachs in its acquisition of 50% stake in Compañía de Puertos Asociados for COP 407bn (USD 136.5m).
- Representation of Colombian port operator the financing for expansion works in Colombia.
- Representation of First Reserve Energy Infrastructure in connection with the sale of cash equity on the 120MW Comanche solar facility in Colorado to JP Morgan Asset Management-managed affiliate IIF US Holding 2.
- Representation of Deutsche Bank AG, Banco de Credito del Peru, The Bank of Nova Scotia and Banco Internacional del Peru S.A.A. as lenders in respect of a $450 million senior secured credit facility to Orazul Energia Partners S.A.C., a Peruvian company, the proceeds of which were used to finance, in part, the purchase of the business of Duke Energy International Group S.a r.l. in Peru from Duke Energy Brazil Holdings II, C.V. and Duke Energy Uruguay Investments SRL.
- Representation of General Electric Co. in connection with its sale of energy investments to Apollo Global Management LLC.