Jade Chu is a partner in the Dubai office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where he is a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice group.
He has significant experience advising corporates, government-related entities, sponsors and financial institutions on a wide range of corporate transactions (including cross-border public and private M&A, JVs and equity capital markets) and general corporate advisory matters.
Mr. Chu received his Bachelor of Laws from the SOAS University of London. He is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- ADNOC on its joint venture with ADQ to create a new investment platform to fund and oversee the development of chemicals industrial projects within the planned Ruwais Derivatives Park.
- ADNOC on a strategic investment in global storage terminal owner and operator VTTI.
- ADNOC on the disposal of an interest in ADNOC Refining to Eni and OMV where the company was valued at c. $19 billion.
- NEOM, Saudi Arabia’s new city giga project development company, on a $5 billion green energy project that will incorporate the region’s largest wind and solar renewables production projects, as well as a groundbreaking green ammonia export project.
- A GCC based health company on a joint venture with a multinational supply chain company for the supply and distribution of medical equipment and pharmaceutical products.
- Mubadala Investment Company on its investment, through its subsidiary MDC Industry Holding Company LLC, in Andromeda Seafood Limited, a subsidiary of AMERRA Capital Management’s Perseus Seafood LLC.
- Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia on the c. $3 billion public takeover of Kuwait Food Company (Americana), a Kuwait Stock Exchange listed company.
- Abu Dhabi Financial Group on the AED 356 million acquisition of a 48% stake in SHUAA Capital PSC, a financial services provider listed on the Dubai Financial Market.
- Investment Corporation of Dubai on the acquisition of a 90% stake in Al Jaber LEGT Engineering & Contracting LLC, a multi-disciplinary construction company with operations in the UAE, Qatar and Oman.
- Majid Al Futtaim on the acquisition of Retail Arabia B.S.C., the master franchisee of the Geant hypermarket brand in the GCC, from BMA International E.C..
- Friends Life Group Limited as the target of the £5.6 billion public takeover by Aviva plc, which was, at the time, the largest M&A transaction in the UK insurance sector for several years.
- Intu Properties plc as the target on the aborted £3.4 billion public takeover by Hammerson plc
- Novartis AG on the $275 million disposal of its flu vaccines business to CSL Limited.
- Friends Life Group Limited on the disposal of Lombard, its pan-European specialist in estate and succession planning solutions, to funds managed by Blackstone.
- ASM Pacific Technology Ltd on the $200 million acquisition of DEK, the screen printing business of Dover Corporation, Inc..
- P. Morgan Securities plc as sponsor on Aberdeen Asset Management PLC’s £660 million class 1 acquisition of Scottish Widows Investment Partnership Group Limited.
- Lone Star as the bidder on its £745 million public takeover of Quintain Estates & Development plc.
- Paddy Power plc as the bidder on its c. €10 billion public takeover of Betfair Group plc.
- Gala Coral Group Limited on its £2.3 billion merger with Ladbrokes Group plc.
- Alcentra Limited on the £150 million IPO of an Alcentra investment fund on the London Stock Exchange.
- The underwriting syndicate on the IPOs of Royal Mail Group plc, Saga plc, Brit plc and Direct Line Insurance Group plc on the London Stock Exchange.
- The underwriting syndicate on the £938 million rights issue of the London Stock Exchange Group plc and the £1 billion rights issue of DS Smith plc on the London Stock Exchange.
- Alcentra Limited on the establishment of placing programs for an Alcentra investment fund on the London Stock Exchange.
- Qatar Investment Authority on the AED 1.68 billion rights issue of Dubai Parks and Resorts PJSC on the Dubai Financial Market.
- Waha Capital PJSC on the £7.6 million placing and introduction of SDX Energy Inc. to listing on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange.
*Includes representations prior to Mr. Chu’s association with Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.