Stefan G. dePozsgay is a corporate partner in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and a member of the Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions and Sports Law Practice Groups. Stefan regularly represents clients in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, growth and venture capital investments, and other significant transactional matters in the U.S. and cross-border.
Stefan has extensive private equity and M&A experience across a broad range of industries, including technology, media, sports, entertainment and hospitality. His clients include, among others, private equity firms and other financial sponsors, buyout groups and consortiums, large family offices with direct investment capabilities and sports franchises and sports-related businesses and their owners. His practice also covers a range of growth equity, venture capital and emerging company transactions, particularly in the technology, media and consumer spaces.
Stefan has represented clients on some of their most important mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and investment matters. Notable representations have included:*
- RedBird Capital Partners in its €1.2 billion acquisition of AC Milan from Elliott Advisors
- The majority shareholders of Avianca in the formation of Abra Group Limited, an airline transportation group anchored by a pan-Latin American network of airlines that includes GOL, Avianca and Viva Air
- FAST Acquisition Corp II in its $1 billion business combination with Falcon’s Beyond, a global entertainment company focused on experiential technology, content creation and theme parks
- Evergreen Coast Capital, the technology-focused affiliate of Elliott Investment Management L.P., in its sale of ASG Technologies to Rocket Software, a Bain Capital portfolio company
- Point72 Asset Management and its affiliates in over 35 venture and growth equity investments
- Cohen Private Ventures in the formation DIGITAL, a metaverse investment platform, and RADKL, a quantitative cryptocurrency trading platform
- Motive Partners in their acquisition with Clearlake Capital Group of the BETA+ assets from London Stock Exchange Group
- RedBird Capital Partners in its acquisition of French football club Toulouse FC and its acquisition of an interest in the Rajasthan Royals professional cricket team of the Indian Premier League
- RedBird Capital Partners in its investment in Dream Sports, owner of the Dream11 fantasy sports platform, in a transaction valuing Dream Sports at $8 billion
- On Location Experiences, a joint venture between the National Football League and a consortium of private equity sponsors, in its sale to Endeavor and its prior acquisition of PrimeSport from Carlyle
- Barnes & Noble Education in its merchandise and e-commerce partnership with Fanatics and Lids
- RSE Ventures in its investments in The Action Network, The Drone Racing League, the Momofuku restaurant group, Milk Bar, Bluestone Lane Coffee, Bellwether Coffee and Vayner Media, among others
- RSE Ventures in the sale of Student Sports and Krossover to Stack Sports, a Genstar platform vehicle
- The Miami Dolphins in their partnership with Formula 1 to establish the Miami Grand Prix
- Relevent Sports in its joint venture with La Liga Nacional de Futbol to commercialize La Liga media rights and sponsorships in the U.S., Canada and Latin America
Stefan graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Duke University and earned his Juris Doctor from Yale Law School. He is a member of the Hispanic National Bar Association and the New York City Bar Association, where he serves as a member on its Sports Law – Corporate subcommittee.
*Includes representations made by Mr. dePozsgay prior to his association with Gibson Dunn.