Alexander Klein is an of counsel in the Frankfurt office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
Mr. Klein focuses his practice on banking and finance law, including acquisition financing, corporate finance and syndicated lending in domestic as well as cross-border transactions. He advises financial investors, banks, private debt funds and corporates.
Handelsblatt / The Best Lawyers™ 2021/2022 list him among the best lawyers for Banking and Finance Law in Germany. The Legal 500 Deutschland 2018 cite clients who describe him as “excellent, superbly trained, engaged and clear in negotiations”. He was shortlisted for Euromoney LMG’s “Europe Rising Stars Award” 2019 in the category Banking and Finance.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Klein was a senior associate and member of the global banking and leveraged finance group in the Frankfurt office of a renowned international law firm.
In addition to his native German, he is fluent in English.
Representative transactions advising sponsors include:
- Aurelius Growth Investments on the financing of the acquisition of Marcus Transport
- Ardian on the first and second lien financing of d&b audiotechnik*
- Carlyle on the financing of the acquisition of Alloheim group*
- Carlyle on the financing of the acquisition of a target engaged in the healthcare sector in the DACH-region*
- DBAG with respect to aspects of their financing for Schülerhilfe*
- DPE in relation to the financing of the acquisition of Massenberg GmbH
- ECM on the financing of an add-on acquisition for Wiener + Wiener group*
- Erdo Holding B.V., a portfolio company of DPE Deutsche Private Equity, in relation to the refinancing and the financing of the acquisition of Patina Group
- Triton on the financing of the acquisition of AVS group*
- Triton on its investment in Meine Radiologie Holding
- Triton on the financing of its acquisition of Lamina Technologies SA
- Triton on the financing of its acquisition of a majority stake of Inwerk GmbH
Representative transactions advising lenders include:
- ABN AMRO and Banco Santander on the financing of the secondary buy-out of EUROPART group by Alpha Private Equity*
- Bank of Ireland, NIBC and UniCredit on the refinancing of Hofmann Menü group, a portfolio company of Partners Group*
- Berenberg in connection with the financing of Wunschgutschein GmbH
- BlueBay on its financing of an education business owned by a private equity fund
- BlueBay on the refinancing of Schuberth group*
- IKB on Oaktree’s acquisition of Vitanas group and Pflege & Wohnen group*
- Lenders on Bridgepoint’s acquisition of Bike24 GmbH*
- Lenders on HgCapital’s acquisition of STP group*
- Muzinich in connection with the financing of the acquisition of the HG Medical Group by NORD Holding
- Pemberton as unitranche lender on the buy-out of univativ group by Triton*
*Experience Prior To Joining Gibson Dunn